Chapter 9 - The Royal Proposal

It was 4 years later. Marinette was 21, and Adrien was 22. Gabriel was supposed to be released 2 years ago, but had to stay on due to bad behavior. Nobody has seen Axel since the incident 4 years ago, but Adrien has a question for Marinette. He was asking her to marry him.

It was now 9:00. He was meeting Marinette in the flower garden behind the castle. He heard footsteps behind him and it was Marinette. He never thought it was possible for her to become more beautiful, but she did. Her hair grew, but her height didn't. But, that didn't matter.

She wore a blue dress with spaghetti straps. She had black heels. "Hey, Baby." He said. He hugged her and kissed her. "Hello, there. Now, what surprise do you have for me?" She asked.

"Follow me, Princess." He took her hand and they walked over to a fountain with hearts and hanging lights everywhere. "This is beautiful, Adrien." He stood in front of the fountain. "I love you so much, Princess." He said to her. "I love you to, Kitty." She said back. "And I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He kneeled down and pulled out a pink diamond ring.

"Oh my gosh..." She whispered, placing her free hand over her mouth. She started to cry. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, 4 years you became Queen, and I knew in that moment, we would one day rule together. I love you so much. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and raise a bunch of little children." He smiled. "So, will you marry me?" She cried and nodded. "Yes! YES!" He slid the ring on her finger and she kissed him, almost knocking them to the ground.

"We're engaged." She whispered. "Yes, Yes we are."