|6|

Friday...

Well, after shopping on Tuesday, I came back home and Kenny was gone. God is good. Yes, TJ officially let the kid sit with us. Chris and Truth broke up but we're all going to the skating rink today. Meaning, I can't have some time with my best friend. Duh, they invited Kenny.

"Toni! Come on

"Toni! Come on. This is not a fashion show!" TJ said from downstairs. Every day is a fashion show, you fart-knocker. "About time!" Chris said as I walked down the stairs. "You look nice, Toni." Kenny said smiling ear to ear. "I know." I said rudely, brushing past the boys and to the front door.

"Rude." I heard Chris say under his breath. I flipped up my middle finger at him and walked out to the car.
*****

"Oh shoot. Look at that honey." TJ said making me roll my eyes. "Ain't she fine?" He patted Kenny's chest. "She's cute." Kenny said and I groaned. Ew. "I'm going inside." I walked inside the building being greeted with loud music. After paying to get in, I walked inside and everyone was having a ball. People skating together, couples all up hugged up with each other.

"Hey, Toni!" I closed my eyes and internally groaned as Truth came running towards me. "Hi, Truth." She hugged me as I just stood there...uncomfortable.

"Where's Chris, TJ, and that other kid? What's his name?"

"His name is Kenny and they're getting their tickets."

"Oh, there they are!" She ran off to Chris and jumped in his arms and they kissed. TJ walked over to me with Kenny following him. He rested his arm over my shoulder as we walked around the rink.

"So, are you gonna be a good sister and help your big brother pull a few girls?" I shook my head and sighed. "I won't." He groaned and walked off. "He's moody. I see where you get it from." I turned around and Kenny stood there with his hands in his pocket. I rolled my eyes and turned around, ready to walk off. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. "I was joking." I snatched my arm away and walked off to an open table.

Just as I sat down, Truth and Chris walked over and sat down. I just can't get a fucking break, can I?  "Is this our table for the night?" Chris asked as he shook his cup.

"I guess."

"Well go get some skates so I can leave you in my dust." He said and I smiled. "Oh, this is our jam, babe." Truth smiled at Chris as he cheesed back at her. "And look, the couples are going on the floor. Let's go." She ran off to the table to get her skates. "I'm sorry, T. We can skate later." I nodded and looked away. It's like I'm losing him every day...

Even TJ got himself a boo in under 15 minutes. For 5 minutes I sat there my elbows on the table and my chin in my hands, watching all the couples slow dance with their skates. Then my jam came on making me bop my head.

"Forever, forever, forever
So you're having my baby
And it means so much to me
There's nothing more precious
Than to raise a family
If there's any doubt in your mind
You can count on me
I'll never let you down
Lady believe in me" If only DeVante came in here with some roses for me. Now that's a man I'll fall in love with.

"So you like Jodeci?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned my head and saw the chocolate face I've been seeing for the past week. "Yes, I love Jodeci. Especially DeVante. He's my soulmate." I said, truthfully.

"Nacho?" He slid his basket of nachos towards me. "No thank you. That's a lot of saturated fat and calories that'll mess up my diet." He looked at me like I was a weird person and shrugged his shoulders.

"So why were you sitting here alone?"

"I'm surprised that you weren't skating with some random chick in here." I said honestly. "I was made to sit here and be pretty. Besides, boys are nasty."

"Including me?" I rolled my eyes. Why am I being nice to him? "Yes." He shook his head as he slipped a nacho in his mouth. I turned back to the couples, slow-skating. If only Chris will ditch Truth like he did last summer. We spent that entire summer together but now he's back with the girl. Ugh.

"Do you wanna skate?" Kenny asked.

"Why are you so nice to me? You're supposed to be scared of me like the rest of the kids." Other than TJ and Chris, he's the only person I've met that isn't scared of me.

"You're 5'1 and I'm 5'9. You don't frighten me one bit." He chuckled and shook his head, taking in another nacho. That kinda hurt my ego. I mean, he just shut my world down.

"So you aren't scared of me?"

"Nope." He got up from the table and started to walk away.

"Wait! Where are you going?"

"I thought boys were nasty?" Wait. I thought-

"They are but-"

"I'm going to find me a honey to skate with." He said walking away.

"I'll skate with you!" He turned around and held his hand out. I stood up and took his hand then snatched it back. "Wait, we can't hold hands." He raised his right eyebrow at me.

"And why is that?"

"I have standards."

"Okay, daddy's girl." He murmured and walked off. "Hey!" I said chasing him.

******

"Ahh!" I yelped. Kenny held me up as I struggled to stand up. "Now I see why you didn't want to skate." He said as I still couldn't seem to get the hang of this. "Oh shut u-Woah!" Kenny pulled me into him and looked down at me. I looked up at him as my heart pounded and I struggled to keep my breathing under control. 

"See it's not that hard. Left then right." He let me go and showed me how to skate as he held my hand. I finally got the hang of it and started to speed up. "Pump the breaks, roadrunner. It's a slow song." I started to pout as he pulled me back.

"Well, we aren't a couple." I said trying to speed up again but he pulled me back.

"How would you look speeding while everyone is going slow?"

"You're a fart-knocker." I replied as we got off the rank. I sat at our table and snatched off my skates. "Want a slushy?" I glared at him. "24 grams of sugar with no protein is damaging to my menu." He glared back at me.

"What do you eat?"

"Well, for breakfast, I eat Cooked oatmeal topped with almonds or dried cranberries. On a lucky day, I'll take a bite of a pancake." He raised his eyebrows and nodded his head.

"Lunch?..."

"Avocado and egg sandwich or a chicken burrito bowl with rice and beans."

"You're kinda weird."

"And this is why I don't have friends." I mumbled low but not low enough. I walked back to the stand and gave the man back the skates. "I didn't mean it like that." I heard Kenny's voice behind me as the man gave me back my shoes.

"I think your diet is pretty healthy." He said following me back to the table. "Duh!" I said sounding like Michelle from Full House. I sat down and put my shoes back on. "Look," He sighed. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings." I rolled my eyes and he sat beside me. "I'm serious."

"Yall ready?" Chris said as he held Truth beside him. "Where's TJ." She said, making me roll my eyes. TJ walked up to us smiling ear to ear. "I'm ready to go." He said.

"Kenny, you coming with us?" Chris asked as I stood up, going to the door. "Sure." I heard him say.