|12|

"All she wanna do is party all night🙄"

"I had a great time, Kenny. The picnic was beautiful and just being outside and getting some air was refreshing." I said as we stood in on my front porch.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. See, I'm not that bad." He said making me roll my eyes. "I'll see you tomorrow at school?" He asked. I looked up at him and nodded. He waved at me as he walked to his car and I walked inside.

I sat on my bed and slowly took off my heels. I took my hair out of the ponytail and shook it. I huffed and went to shower.
~

"Toni!" TJ burst into my room, waking me up out of my sleep. I had 10 minutes left to sleep and he ruined it. "What?" I groaned and rolled over, away from the door. "They're here!" He said yelled but whisper at the same time. I quickly turned over and squinted at TJ.

"Who is they?"

"Diane the dunce and Eden the menace." I laughed and let out a soft snort as TJ rolled his eyes.

"Are you coming or no?"

"Yes. Just let me freshen up."

After showering and finding something nice to wear, I detangled my curls and put on some lipgloss.

I rushed downstairs and down the hall jumping around trying to put my shoe on

I rushed downstairs and down the hall jumping around trying to put my shoe on. Once I got it on I rushed to the kitchen and everyone was eating. It was awfully quiet. Then my father spoke.

"Diane, this is my daughter Toni. Toni, this is Diane." She smiled but I could clearly tell it was fake.

"Oh I almost forgot

"Oh I almost forgot. This is Eden. She's only 9. They'll be staying here for the next week or so. Maybe you could show her around town." I internally groaned and squeezed my eyes shut for a second and opened them once again.

" I internally groaned and squeezed my eyes shut for a second and opened them once again

"Daddy...TJ and I are gonna be late. Right, TJ?" I said as I stumped on TJ's toe. He groaned and pinched my lower thigh making me let out a small squeal. "Yup. Time to go." He dragged me outside.

"Hey! I snatched my arm
back and glared at him. "Sorry. I just needed to get out of there immediately. Taylon didn't even talk." I sighed. "I know, but a week? I can't." Chris pulled in the driveway and beeped the horn twice. TJ leaped down the large set of stairs, around the fountain then hopped in the car.

"Come on girl!" Chris shouted as I took my time down the stairs. "We don't have all day!" I finally made it to the car and and shut the door.

~

"Hey." I turned around after shutting my locker and was greeted with Kenny's smile. "Hey." I sighed.

"Let me guess, TJ poured water on you again?"

"Nope. Even worse. Diane and her niece is staying with us this week. Maybe even longer." I shook my head and opened my locker.

"Well what's so bad about that?" He leaned on the locker beside mine and watched my every move.

"What's so bad? My brothers and I don't even know the woman. She can't just come in our home and attempt to take over. Absolutely not!" He grinned at me then shook his head. "What's so funny?" He chucked and started up the stairs.

When I looked up at the clock we had a minute before the bell rung. "Wait up!" I grabbed my pen and notebook, shut my locker once again and hurried up the stairs. Once I reached Kenny, I huffed out of breath as I held on his shoulder.

"My god. I can only get so far." I said as I caught my breath. "Too bad your legs are small." He shrugged as I slapped his shoulder. "Where's Chris and TJ?" I asked as we passed the principal. No dress code today.

"They left to get something to eat and wanted to see some college girls." My face scrunched. "How?"
He chucked. "They're sneaking on, beautiful." I paused and stood there confused as Kenny walked in the classroom. I walked in and everyone was getting ready and chatting it up.

"But how?" I said pretty loudly as I sat beside Kenny. "That's like....impossible." He shrugged and opened his notebook.