Sad!

"The geese need you. I... I can't do this." Eric mumbled, wiping his tears away.

"I am afraid you'll have to, because the only way we'll be able to launch an offensive is if he's distracted. That's you."

"You're asking me to kill him. After all of this."

"I am unaware of how to tell you that I have no idea what you're talking about. But do it, now." Inspector Mister Goole said as he pushed Eric forward.

Eric landed in the swarm of geese, their wings brushing his scandalous ankles as their psychotic white bodies charged onwards. It was a slaughter, but a slaughter they had the numbers to win. He swallowed heavily, pushing his hands together to stop them shaking, and clenched his jaw to stop its trembling.

"Gerald."

"I'm winning, Eric! I'm doing it for us."

Eric's bloodshot eyes blinked rapidly, hiding the tears. "Look at me."

Gerald glanced upwards, before immediately going back to the battle. "I'm busy! Later!"

Eric wondered whether that was their whole relationship. Him being there but never truly paying attention, never giving Eric the importance he felt he deserved. He gulped down a tear, feeling as though he'd swallowed a truck. "Please..." His voice shook, undeniably so.

Gerald's head pricked upwards. His eyes were full of worry, and sympathy. His arms started to stop swinging. "Eric, what is i-"

"I am ordering you to charge!"