Chapter 6: GREEN ALL OVER iii

Chapter
VI
Lover's Embrace
(Until he saw Blood & Name Calling)

***

The DMZ was silent

The DMZ was silent. No papers shifted. No pens scratched. And no computer keys tapped.

Hei Xia Zi, Ah Ning and YunCi stood on their side of floor fourteen with their shined shoes pressed up against the DMZ. They were all dressed impeccably. Dark suits, ties and shoes adorned each of their bodies. They were the perfect Zhang Inc. employees and Zhang Qi Ling would have given each of them an appraising 'en' and a nod. They stared stoically across the room.

Xie Yu Chen, Wang PangZi and Huo Xiu Xiu stared back. They also were standing at the boundary line of the DMZ. However, whereas Zhang Qi Ling's team stood rigid, Wu Xie's team gave off the level of relaxed boredom. They all wore dark suits as was expected of Zhang Inc. employees, but Wu Xie wouldn't stand for colorless employees. Xie Yu Chen elegantly stood staring across the room, hands in his pockets, pink tie standing out against his black suit. Huo Xiu Xiu wore a coal gray suit with a purple satin blouse. Wang PangZi leaned back against a cubicle, smirking, his paw print tie just visible above his crossed arms.

A tumble weed bounced down the DMZ as mother ushered their children indoors and shop keepers flipped the signs on their shops to closed... okay, maybe not, but that does portray the level of tension the other employees of floor fourteen experienced.

"Hei Xia Zi." Xie Yu Chen stated seriously.

"Xie Yu Chen." Hei Xia Zi nodded with a cocky grin.

"Shall we begin?"

"Of course."

Stepping forward both teams entered the DMZ and walked quietly together down to the conference room. Their bosses might be gone but both team still had a job to do.

***

"The meeting has started, sir." Yin Nan Feng said walking into Zhang Rishan's office. "They met in the DMZ and with no incidences made their way to the conference room. The meeting has been in session of forty-five minutes and more or less there have been an arguments but it was immediately settled by both parties and or no issues at all."

"Of course not. It's not the teams that are the problem. It's my cousin and Wu Xie. In fact, I believe that the 'teams' are closer than they have let on to my little minions."

"Sir?"

"It's nothing. Keep me posted throughout the week. Although, I really don't foresees there being any issues."

"Yes, sir."

***

Wu Xie pulled into a parking space next to an incredibly familiar black sport car.

Wu Xie allowed his head to fall against the steering wheel, "Oh hell no." He whispered, "Of course it was Men You Ping. Perfect."

Pulling out his keys, Wu Xie opened the door and pushed himself out of the car. Purposely avoiding looking at the black car, Wu Xie slammed his door and popped the trunk. It was as he taking out his luggage that it happened.