Chapter 16: MAKE IT UP ii

Chapter
XVI
Fleeting At Best
(How To Go About Mending Relationship)

***

On his way back to the room Wu Xie tucked a green throw over Mop, who he found asleep on a couch in the waiting room, and headed toward the media room.

He was awake so he might as well get things started.

***

Xie Yu Chen re-read Wu Xie's request for transfer. Something bad must have happened.

Zhang Qi Ling did something.

But what? What could cause Wu Xie to leave all of his friends and his parents? His thoughts were interrupted by Wang PangZi's response to the email.

"What the heck!" The sound of something hitting the floor echoed from the black haired man's office. "Did everyone else fucking get this?! There's no way in hell Tian Zhen is leaving us. Hell no!"

Xie Yu Chen closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair. It didn't happen very often, but Xie Yu Chen was going to have to agree with PangZi on this one.

"This is bothersome."

***

When Zhang Qi Ling awoke the next morning it was to an empty room.

"!!!."

Throwing the comforter and sheets aside, Zhang Qi Ling pushed himself out of bed and swung his legs over the side.

Leaning his elbows against his knees and his head in his hands, Zhang Qi Ling looked over at the perfectly made bed.

A moment of fear gripped him and he searched the room for signs of his roommate. He wouldn't have left, right?

Seeing Wu Xie's blue sleep pants sticking out of a drawer he allowed himself to relax.

Kinda. Insensitive, antisocial bastards who don't know how to pull their heads out of their ass typically don't get to relax... not really.

How was he going to make this better?

Zhang Qi Ling stood and ran a hand through his hair, winching when his fingers snagged on a glue clump.

He walked slowly toward the bathroom and wondered how to go about mending a relationship that hadn't been more than fleeting at best.

Wu Xie had been angry. He would have noticed that even if he were blind. But the puppy had been hurt too.

Zhang Qi Ling never wanted to see that face again.

Ever.

Wu Xie had been furious at finding the file, but it was the disappointment that swirled in steel brown eyes that made Zhang Qi Ling stand over the guy's bed last night trying to come up with anything to make it up to the sleeping man.

He hadn't come up with anything last night and this morning wasn't looking promising. He sighed and turned on the shower.

***

Zhang Qi Ling saw Wu Xie at breakfast but the man didn't even look at him.

Wu Xie sat next... no between... several of the other gentlemen and immersed himself in idle conversation.

Zhang Qi Ling watched him smile and laugh, but the Wu Xie from last night still lingered in the brilliant brown eyes... why couldn't the other dumbasses see that Wu Xie would rather be anywhere else.

Well, anywhere else but with him, of course.

"Good morning, broody one."

Zhang Qi Ling turned to find Mop sitting next to him nursing a cup of coffee.