Chapter 13: TIED TOGETHER iii

Chapter
XIII
All Out Hold Hands
(We're Grown Man. Just Do It)

***

They had finished their puzzles and were now attempting to cook their own lunch while connected. So far the only 'situation' they encountered had nothing to do with being tied together but rather a disagreement over what one man considered lunch and what the other considered toxic waste. The conclusion... homemade chicken noodle soup. Hold the ship load of sodium and preservatives, please.

"Hey, Xiao ge?"

"En."

"Hey, I'm not happy either, but we just need to make it through the day, okay?"

Zhang Qi Ling closed his eyes and imagined Zhang Rishan being drawn and quartered. Achieving his inner Zen at the image, he opened his eyes and nodded, one raised eyebrow encouraging his partner in this hell to continue.

"Is your hand going numb?" Wu Xie asked turning completely from his preparations. Zhang Qi Ling flexed his left hand and found that indeed it was.

"Yes."

Wu Xie lifted their hands until they rested on the counter top. "I think the problem is that we have the backs of our hands against each other, the rope is pressing on our inner wrists and cutting off circulation."

"En." Zhang Qi Ling agreed.

Wu Xie rolled his eyes, "So if we twist our hands so that our inner wrists are touching then the rope will press against the bones of our outer wrists instead of the nerves and vessels of our inner wrists."

Wu Xie concluded smiling. Zhang Qi Ling stared for a moment. His mind completely blanked of everything but the smiling little puppy and his twinkling eyes waiting for Zhang Qi Ling's opinion.

Clearing his throat, the dark haired man nodded, "Okay, let's try."

Wu Xie twisted his wrist so that he could slide it to the other side of Zhang Qi Ling's hand. He could immediately felt the blood flowing more freely and smiled. The smile faded when he realized a fatal error in his plan.

Zhang Qi Ling barely smile appeared when Wu Xie realized the situation. With their wrists in this position the only natural way to place their hands and fingers was to all out 'hold' hands.

"Oh..." Wu Xie said still looking at his hand as it floated less than half an inch for the larger one beneath it. He worried his bottom lip with his teeth before turning his head slightly to look at Zhang Qi Ling.

"Little Puppy, we are both grown men. It's not even lunch yet and your hand was turning blue. Just do it."

Wu Xie nodded and allowed his fingers to clasp and curl around Zhang Qi Ling's fingers. He'd be lying if he didn't feel something hitch in his breath, but instead of thinking on it, Wu Xie laughed and said, "Okay, let's finish. I'm starving!"

Zhang Qi Ling nodded and as Wu Xie turned back to his vegetables the older man smiled, "So sunshine, are we boyfriend now?"

***

Zhang Qi Ling could feel his hand just fine... his calf was a different story.

***