Relapse

Mono barely moved or spoke for most of the days.

When he didn't appear near where Seven was the first few times, Seven felt fear and would run to see Mono sitting in the corner.

He would perk up showing he was alive and well... sorta...

Seven would let out a sigh of relief and move over to him. Seven would hug him tightly and Mono would rest his head on Seven's shoulder.

They would stay like that for almost 30 minutes then Seven would leave and return and hour later.

Mono would wake from nightmares more often. He would wake up and look around and see the calm orange hue of the furnace and see Seven sleeping peacefully next to him.

Mono, in those times, would smile. He would know he was safe and that Seven was safe nearby him.

Mono would curl up next to Seven, resting his head on Seven's lap and fall asleep to Seven combing his fingers through his hair.

Seven knew when Mono would wake from nightmares. Mono would always look around and make sure the surroundings were different than his in his dreams.

Seven would feel saddened and always tell Mono if he felt scared he could come over to him and lay on his lap. Mono nodded and thanked him. They would slept peacefully with each other by their side.

'I could never tell you... you mean to much too me...' Seven thought gently brushing his fingers through Mono's hair.

On day though... when Seven had finally gathered all the nomes together, Mono finally broke and had a total relapse of being afraid.

Seven hummed as he walked to their little camp place when something was thrown at him.

"Mono? Did you do that?" Seven laughed a little.

"I don't want to be..." Mono mumbled.

Seven's smile faltered. "Wh-what?"

"I don't want to go back... I don't want to be that!" Mono screamed covering his head.

"Mono! Mono... it's alright it's just me, Seven." Seven said holding his hands up as a means of calming him.

Mono blinked a few times before realizing everything he'd said. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean too! I swear! Please don't leave me too..."

Seven stood in disbelief. "No, no, I'd never leave you." Seven held out his hand to Mono for him to take if he wished. Mono gasped at the gesture, but let his tears fall as he was pulled into a loving embrace.

"It's alright if you don't want to tell me, but I think it'll only get worse if you don't." Seven whispered rubbing soothing circles on Mono's back. Mono still continued to sob and hold tightly to his friend.

Once Mono stopped though he spoke up. "We broke it..."

Seven at first thought Mono was speaking in gibberish again, but quickly realized he was opening up. "What do you mean?"

"I didn't come here alone. I had a friend with me, her name is Six. We were separated early on and I haven't seen her at all since then. She could have died! I was lucky when I found you... You helped me. Helped me understand the dangers around here... Six, I'm guessing, isn't that lucky."

Seven frowned slightly. "I'm sorry."

"I don't know why I worry... she can apparently take care of herself." Mono said with a bitterness in his voice.

"Why's that?" Seven inquired.

"I'm not supposed to be here..." Mono answered.

"Wh-what's that supposed to mean?" Seven asked.

"We broke it... we broke the loop. I would have been someone entirely different if I had been left behind... I would have become something I didn't want to be... I would have been an antagonist in the story. I have been many times..." Mono mumbled.

Seven was trying to take it in. "I don't quite understand."

Mono then shot up and looked Seven right in the eye. "I have been left for dead in the dark time and time again! I have been left alone more times than I can count! I have been forgotten by the same person I called a friend over and over again! I have always had my trust broken by the same person... I have been remembering the pain that she can't... and it hurts..."

Seven looked shocked at Mono's outburst, but still took in every word, every painful, hurt-filled word. He listened to what Mono was saying. Some of it didn't make sense at first, but the more he paid attention the clearer the details became.

"So everything here is new to you?' Seven asked. Mono nodded settling back down into Seven's arms, and Seven didn't mind... he enjoyed it really.

Seven went over everything he thought he understood. Mono would come in occasionally to correct a fact, but other than that he would stay silent and let Seven ramble.

Seven eventually stopped and looked at Mono. "Thank you for telling me Mono. I know it must be hard, but I'm glad you trust me."

Seven felt Mono place his head on the crook of his neck. Seven was brushing Mono's hair with his hand when he saw him smile. "I can trust you... I know I can."

Seven felt his breath catch. "How do you know?"

Mono moved his right hand over to Seven heart. "Because I know you have a heart of kindness."

Seven felt his face heat up and he smiled placing a gentle kiss on Mono's head. "I knew too."

Mono froze before melting back into Seven's embrace.

-~-~-

Seven woke up with a stretch and a yawn.

He looked around for Mono and saw that he was peacefully sleeping on his lap. Seven smiled thinking about the night before.

Mono let everything out. He told him about the loop, the fall, the dark, being alone, but most importantly... he told him he trusted him.

Seven felt his heart flutter slightly.

Mono trusted him.

Seven waited a few more minutes before waking Mono up. "Hey, we have to go. The nomes can only fuel the furnace for so long."

Mono nodded and stretched before getting up and following Seven.

"Where do you think it leads?" Seven asked as they reached the carts that led upwards.

"Only one way to find out." Mono said holding out a hand to Seven.

Seven smiled and took his hand.

His Mono was back.

//

Ta da~

Next chapter for ya!!

Now... I know I said in the last chapter they would be going into the residence, but there was a minor change of plans. Hope you liked it either way and I think maybe the next chapter will be the second to last chapter... I don't know if I should say "yay" or be sad...

Well... see you soon! Bye!!!

Word count - 1,131