Chapter 21

I walked into my Global class with a plastered smile on my face. Alison was seated in her chair, reading a thick paged book.

"Hey..." I said, taking up the seat next to her. She smiled back and gave me a quick hug.

"Hey! I'm free after school; Wanna go to the Mall?" She asked, still smiling. I nodded my head and turned to face a grinning substitute teacher.

"Good morning kids, I'm substituting for your Global teacher today. You can call me Mrs. Baxter. "

"You can talk quietly amongst yourselves and catch up on any homeworks, essays or class work..."

I turned to Alison and leaned my head on her small shoulder and let out a deep sigh.

"I need to let you in on something..."

She glanced up at me and pushed her glasses father up on her face.

"You like Xavier! I knew it!"

Honestly, I never really thought of liking Xavier that way. Sure, I thought he was handsome and really funny and-

Yuck don't think of the jerk like that! snapped my thoughts back to Alison and shook my head.

"No! What would make you think that?" I protested. She shook her head and laughed.

"I hope you're laughing at your book." She stopped and caught her breath, "Im laughing at you!"

I growled and slapped her arm. I don't like when people laugh at me...

"Why?!" I demanded.

"Because you obviously like him."

I scoffed and ran my fingers through my hair, "Uh, no, I don't."

"Uh, yes, you do." She mocked. Finally, I got up and walked through the door. I was tired of people staring at me and Xavier like we were Bradjelina or something. We suddenly became the talk of the school in over a few weeks...

I made my way to the cafeteria and lay my head in my hands. It was empty so I knew I could be in peace.

~*~

"Are you okay?" Alison asked, concern dripping off her voice. I nodded my head and rubbed my eyes.

"Yeah. It's okay."

"I didn't mean to hurt you."

"...You didn't. I hurt myself." I answered, fiddling with my fingers.

"Huh?"

Sighing, "Nothing. You wouldn't even understand." Soon, Xavier came through the door and shot me a smile. I waved slightly and watched as his face went from happy to concerned.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he placed a hand on my shoulder. My heart beat went a little faster at the tone of his deep voice. I looked into his bright eyes and smiled, "Yeah."

"Uh..." Alison said nervously. "Im gonna go to Gym class." She shot me a weird look and grinned.

"No wait," I pleaded, "you can stay."

"Nah, Mr. Gillard is gonna get so angry. I'll see you two around..." She said as she made her way to the door.

I couldn't help but to notice the sly look she gave me as I talked to Xavier...

_______

A/N: Hey there ... :)

Uh...vote, add and comment...

This was short and kinda awkward for me to write lol I can't explain it. It's hard working on two books at the same time :(