Chapter 7

Xavier's POV:

I wonder if she still hates me...

I stepped in the shower and lathered my body with the fragrant soap. Soon, I stepped out and tied the crisp white towel around my waist.

I put on my short sleeved white T-shirt and my leather jacket. I pulled on my black jeans and a pair of sneakers and walked into the kitchen to greet my mother.

"Hey Mama!" I yelled, kissing my mother on the cheek. She giggled and punched me on the arm playfully.

"Why are you so loud?!" She yelled back.

"WHY ARE WE BOTH YELLING?!" I screamed. I took the peice of toast from the counter and headed out the door.

"Bye Mama!"

"Bye Xavier!"

~*~

Melanie's POV:

I pulled on the ends of my plaid skirt and sighed.

Alison wasn't going to school because of a dental appointment and that means I have nobody to take the bus with...

All alone.

I stepped on the bus and took my seat on the bus. Feeling a pair of eyes watching me, I looked back and saw the one person that I seem to hate the most...

Xavier Blake.

He walked up to me and placed his boyish butt on the seat next to me and slug his arm around my shoulders, pulling me close.

"Hey, Sweetheart! Have you been avoiding me lately?" He asked, pulling me tighter.

"I haven't been avoiding you at all; but I have alot on my mind lately..." I said, breathing in his warm and comforting sent.

"Look, I'm sorry..." He replied, rubbing my arm with the tip of his thumb. I felt a spark run up my arm and run throughout my fingertips.

Or maybe it's my imagination...

"Sorry for what?" I asked. He took a deep breath and looked directly in my eyes.

"There's two things that I will never do in this world," he says, "I will never admit that I'm wrong unless I have to and I will never stop teasing you."

"Jerk." I mutter.

"Sugar Princess." He said loudly. I sat up straight and looked him straight in thoes hazel eyes and gave him a playful and devilish smile.

"There is nothing in this world that can stop me from teasing you back." I whispered, leaning in close and biting my lower lip. I felt his body tense up and watched him smile back.

"Same here." He said, pecking my lips and getting off the bus.

I didn't even realize that the bus stopped at our school...

~*~

I finished the science quiz and waited for the teacher to collect my paper and grade it. She ticked all my answers off with checks and smiled at me brightly.

"I'm very proud that my newest student has gotten a full grade on her quiz!" She chirped, handing me a biology worksheet. I looked at the answers and answered the problems with ease. Handing the papers to the teacher, I heard a knock on the door. Though the small window, I saw the principal wait outside with patience and look directly at the teacher.

"Oh, brother..." The teacher muttered. I snickered and hurried back to my seat. The principal's eyes scanned the classroom and found what she was looking for...