Chapter 16

Melanie's POV

"Hey," I said, smirking, "I haven't seen you in a while..."

Adrian laughed, slamming his locker shut and leaning against the frame. I smiled again and slammed my locker shut, watching Ace and Xavier walk down the hallways. He snorted and turned back towards me, rolling his eyes.

"I hate those guys!" He whisper yelled. The halls stopped and all the girls began to bubble and giggle with excitement as Xavier waved at them, giving them his perfect smile.

I shifted in my stance and rolled my eyes, nodding my head slowly.

"Yeah, I hate them too," I replied, peering as Xavier and Ace walked past me -- not before giving me a small head nod and a smirk. I blushed viciously and watched his back muscles flex as her turned into the hallway, making his way towards his class.

"No you don't! We all know you love him!!" Adrian cried, making kissing noises and chuckling. I slapped his shoulder and rolled my eyes again, blushing even harder than before.

"Look, I don't love him; I just...SHUT UP!!" I cried, slinging my heavy book-bag over my shoulder and wishing that the heavy blushing didn't give my statement away.

"You might wanna hear the rumors then; Maybe you'll see what I mean..." He whispered, giving me a small wave and making his way down the hall.

I looked around and everyone, including the Cheerleaders, had their blue, brown, hazel, or green eyes on me.

"Oh..." I trailed off, frozen to the stop.

"Yeah." He finished.

~*~

Xavier's POV:

Ethan sat there, nodding his head like a complete wacko. Ace did the same but this time, he put a finger to his chin and played with the imaginary mustache on his face.

They've been doing this for the past twenty-five minutes and it's seriously getting creepy...

"Will you stop playing with the imaginary mustache on your face!" I cried, slapping his hand away from his face. He brought his hand up to his face and chuckled.

Ethan and Ace stared at each other, giving each other cynical looks as they did so.

"What are you two idiots thinking...?" I asked, questioning their puzzling and creepy behavior. They both gave each other one last glance before turning their attention towards me and grinned.

"Oh, nothing..." They chirped sweetly. I raised an eyebrow, you know, still questioning their bizarre glares and glances. I shook off their weird behavior and planted my face in my science textbooks.

"You're gonna tell me; one way or another..." I muttered, chuckling to myself and watching the two morons glance at each other nervously.

They'll blab, sooner or later...

~*~

Melanie's POV:

"You're an incredibly stupid, ego maniac!" Riley cried, shoving the cafeteria fish sticks on the side of Adrian's cheek. Morgan sat there silently, watching them arguing and fighting for no reason. And Ali was busy typing on her phone...

( Probably texting her boyfriend...again... )

I was alone, sitting on the opposite side of Riley and Adrian. Picking at my corn and watching my new friends ignore each other, except for Ali and Morgan, or course. As I watched Riley and Adrian fight, I felt my phone rumble in my pocket-causing me to squirm uncomfortably.