Chapter 17

So, I'm in my room chilling and listening to Imagine Dragons. Then, the song Look How We've Come plays. A few hours later, I wrote this chapter :)

______________________

Melanie's POV:

"I loved our little tea party, the other day!" Ms. Blake chirped, taking a sip from her Coke. I smiled politely, perching my lips together.

"Mhm, I had such...fun..." I strained, taking a long sip from my Lipton's Iced Tea. I wasn't in the mood to talk right now. So, instead, I nod my head and speak of few words.

"Too bad that Xavier had joined us a bit late, ya' know?" She added. I chuckled lightly, grinning under my hair.

"So, who's ready for my Five Cheese Lasagna?!" Dad said, carving a hearty piece for himself.  I raised my hand and chuckled. Without my saying, he took it upon himself to place a cheesy, greasy lasagna slice on my plate.

"Thanks, Dad..." I said, taking a bite of the pasta. Mom, grinned, eyeing the pasta like a fat kid looks at a dozen of doughnuts. She froze, chuckled nervously, and grinned like a psychopath.

Finally, she dug in like a Caveman does with a large drumstick and a giant Dinosaur Egg.

I glanced at Xavier through my eyelashes, watching him have a decent conversation with my mother. There, my father just sat there—giving Xavier the evil eye. He coughed nervously, clearing his throat a bit while my father just stood there—mad to have a delinquent in his household.

"Oh, Xavier, did you forget to greet Melanie when she came in?" Ms. Blake asked, nudging  him on the shoulder. He choked on his water, gasping for air and his mother smacking the back of his back with force.

"Drama-Queen." I muttered, running a fingernail on the rim of my glass, rolling my eyes.

"Excuse me?" Xavier challenged, his dramatic coughing-fit done and over with. I shook my head, granting him a fake smile.

"Oh, nothing. I just had a tickle in my throat..." I lied. He scoffed, shaking his head sadly and chuckling.

"Wow. You've managed to utter the worst lie possible!" Sarcasm dropping off his tongue. My mother sighed and gently wiped her napkin across her mouth.

"Let's just calm down, everyone. Please." She sighed, taking a delicate sip of her Coke.

Ignoring my mother stupidly, I replied back. "I'm sorry, maybe I coughed a bit to loud for You're Highness,"

"Who speaks words while they cough?! Especially, "Drama-Queen" when they cough..."

I hummed, purposely blocking his words of truth out.

"Whatever," He scoffed.

~*~

Ms. American Pie.

My mother was playing that old song from her phone. Ms. Blake, my Father, my Mother, and Maxine were sitting on the couch singing Ms. American Pie, loudly.

Even though I'm supposed to be hating Xavier, I'm forced to sit in the Dining Room with him—both of us hated that song.

"THIS WILL BE THE DAY THAT I DIE!!" They sang in unison, laughing and giggling.

Xavier shook his head. I noticed, looking through my eyelashes, frowning.

"I hate that song." He muttered to himself, wiping a hand down his face. I smiled wearily—careful not to appear to friendly—and walked into the kitchen, rummaging throughout the household refrigerator.

Grabbing a coke, I popped open the tin can opening.

"Hey, honey, can we talk?" My mother asked from behind me. I spun around, facing my mom's saddened face. Her eyes, sad and confused, glared me down to my bones.

I looked at my feet, not being able to look at my mother's eyes. I felt tears spring to my eyes, choking the tears and fear down my throat.

"Yeah, I...uhh...nothing. You know," I replied, "I'm fine."

"We can always talk about it," She soothed, "After all, I am your Mother, right?"

"Mhm. Yes, Mum, you are. But I'm fine. Really." I lied. I cleared my throat briefly, clutching the chilling Coke and shifting awkwardly in my spot.

Silence filled the room.

"OK. Fine, I'll uh...let you...be you..." She said, heading back towards the living room.

I jogged halfway upstairs—shutting out everyone.

~*~

After everyone had left, I slipped into a dreamy coma. Well, not actually a Coma, just a long sleep.

"You look beautiful," He stated simply. I blushed intently, watching the way he gazed upon me. For once, he wasn't conceded...

I played with the ends of my veil, waiting for the priest to say those magic words that everyone waits to hear—mostly because it means it's finally over and you can eat.

"You may kiss the bride..." He said, smiling. Xavier smiled cheekily, holding up a finger.

"Before we make this official, I think I need a cigarette-break!" He cried, chuckling.

"Xavier!" I yelped, grabbing him in for the ultimate kiss.

~*~

I woke up, a smile and aching heart in mind. I rolled my eyes, my mother standing by the door giggling slightly.

She walked out, then popped back in.

"You smile when you sleep, honey." She chuckled, walking back out of the room.

____________________________

A/N: Wasn't Xavier supposed to be 'dead' ?!?

Love, Iced_Toffee

Vote, please. Comment too!