ii. Yaknog! Come Get Your Yaknog!

━━ chapter twoyaknog! come get your yaknog!

━━ chapter two
yaknog! come get your yaknog!

✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚゚・⭑

━━There were no dances that night, or singing, or Snoggletog cheer. The Great Hall was filled with the despairing questions of where all their dragons had gone. The kids all went to bed without any pre-Snoggletog celebration, sniffling and crying in their beds. Valkyrie had to deal with Erik crying because his Terrible Terror was gone, and she gave him a big hug before he went to bed with their mother and the rest of her siblings. Asrifth stayed, wanting to hear the conversation. He was not in a good mood, already missing his Gronckle. Valkyrie already missed Zephyr, terribly.

As the adults all conversed around the large table, trying to understand what had happened, the teens all sat in the shadows behind them all, sharing their own misery together. Valkyrie had an arm around Asrifth's shoulders, giving them a rub as he stared gloomily at the floor.

"They're going to come back," Valkyrie tried to assure him. "I'm sure it's just only for a little while..." she wasn't sure, but she hated seeing her younger brothers upset. Her usual stoic posture faded away when that happened.

Asrifth just stepped away, rubbing at his nose and sniffling. "I think I'll just go to bed, skip the whole talk. See you in the morning, Val..." he lumbered away, head hung low and shoulders slumped. Valkyrie watched him leave, twidling her thumbs and wishing she could make everything better.

Something fell onto her hands, and she blinked to see it to be a petal from her flower crown. Her matching flower crown with Zephyr. She turned the blue petal around in her fingers and sniffled herself.

"Where'd they go?!" she heard her father demand.

"Snoggletog is ruined!" cried Mulch to Bucket.

"It's not ruined!" Stoick the Vast stepped up onto the large, round table. The Vikings all looked up at him, quiet. He demanded a presence━and a very strong one at that. Everyone listened to Stoick, and followed him, he had that effect. Valkyrie saw that effect in Hiccup; it was small, still growing, but it was there. "We're Vikings! We've been perfectly happy celebrating without dragons for generations! And there's no reason we can't do it again!"

Valkyrie continued to play around with the petal, and she felt Astrid place a comforting hand on her shoulder. Tuff gloomily set his chin on his arms that crossed over the back of the chair he sat on, his helmet falling lopsided. He made no effort to fix it. Even Snotlout was down in the dumps, and was showing it, which was a strange sight to see. They were all devastated over their dragons; each and every one of them. The only one who didn't seem to show it, was Fishlegs, who watched the exchange between cheif and village with an impatient shuffle of his feet. (And Hiccup, but he was devastated for them all).