16. Waves

Song of Chapter: Waves by Mr. Probz

"Kiara wake up." I hear a far away voice, trying to bring me out of the world of sleep.
The voice becomes louder, as my eyelids flip open, and I am completely pulled out of my sleep.
I see Lucy hovering over my face, as if she is wondering if I'm dead.
"Come on. The flight takes off in two hours." I look at the clock and see that it reads 6:30 pm. How long have I been sleeping? I rub my eyes, and practically jump out of bed. I can barely remember anything after the elevator scandal.

I walk across the warm carpet, stepping on a neon colored nail polish stain. When did that get there?

I walk into the closet, and rip a red tank top off its rack, and open a drawer, grabbing a pair of plain white shorts.

The biting cold air hits my face as I walk out of the building, opening a portal to traffic noise, and air pollution.
I forgot that it was winter in New York. I shiver and rub my hands on my bare legs hoping for a scrap of warmth.
I feel a coat wrap around my body. I glance back and see Logan standing with only a t-shirt and jeans.
"T-thanks," I say adjusting to the new source of warmth.
"Aren't you cold?"
"Not at all. You anyway need it more than me." Logan says.
"I appreciate it." I quietly wait for Logan to say something, instead all I hear is the roar of the cars and taxis making extremely loud noises.

"Guys come on! I called a taxi!"

I hear Jennifer's distant voice. We walk over the taxi in silence, and manage to find spots, despite the fact that we are six people in a cramped taxi.

-

I put on loud headphones drowning out the sound of the plane taking off. This time we got a private jet, so we had more space. Sienna chose to sit next to me, somehow managing to get a bucket of Rocky Road ice cream, and Netflix.
I stared out the window as the ground got farther and farther away from me, ascending into the clouds.

~

I jolted awake, and looked at my surroundings. Still on the plane.
I rubbed my eyes.

"How much longer?" I yawned stretching my arms.

"Two hours." Sienna licked the spoon that she scooped her ice cream with.

I groaned, what am I going to do all this time?
I dug earbuds out of my carry on, and looked out the window. It is already dark outside.

"Damn it I missed the sunset." I muttered.

"Don't worry I took pictures." Lucy held up her phone. I sighed with relief.

"Mind if I join you? What movie are you watching?"

"Sure. I'm watching What If. Only ten minutes in."
I plugged my ear buds in her laptop and started watching the movie.

I ran into my dimly lighten room, and without hesitating I threw on a bathing suit, and ran out of the apartment with a beach bag. I sprinted out to the dark beach, the soft sand hitting my feet as I ran, and the salty seaweed scented air filled my nose. People might think otherwise, but the smell of the beach is my favorite.
I run out to where I could barely make out the rocks. I started climbing them immediately with ease. I've been doing this since I was little, when my parents used to live in a beach house with me. As I am climbing I hear multiple laughs. I look up, and see a group of people.
Yeah some people want to come out at night, but these people were skinny dipping. At three am. In an ocean.
I quietly climb up to the top of the pile of rocks, and sit on it hoping to stay unnoticed, while the people engage in their inappropriate activity.
I ignore their loudness, and stare out into the darkness, listening to the waves crash on the rocks and shore. Occasionally the cold salty water sprinkled my face, which I enjoyed.
All of a sudden a memory ripped through my mind.
The nail polish spilling, the fragments of the Grey Goose bottle, somebody picking me up, and taking me home.
All of it came back to me. I refrained from crying, and just sat on the top of the moonlit rock, listening to the piercing sound of silence and waves. I feel like I'm under water, unable to breath. At the same time it's never felt so good.

Sorry I haven't updated in a long time. Well 5 days. That's long for me.
But thanks so much for 1k reads! You guys are awesome.
I hope that the book is becoming more enjoyable for you, and that you want to keep reading.
If I've made any grammatical or spelling errors please tell me I want to fix them right away. Any suggestions please PM me.
Vote and Comment!
XoXo
gossipgirl