About the Maiden's Grail

Chapter Seven:

"Thanks." I said and he leans down to kiss me.

It was just a simple kiss yet there's a memory lingers through my head as his lips touches mine though, I couldn't recall a thing.

"Shu?"

He called out on me again and this time as I look into his eyes, worries are written through it. But, why? And I cannot help it I reach out his face and hold it gently.

"Why are you worried?"

Haimon's eyes became darker than ever. "Because I love you and I don't want seeing you hurt or in pain." He said and I can sense his sincerity from his words and I cannot stop loving him more.

"I love you more." I sincerely answered back.

"I know and I'll always be here for you no matter what." He said with full of meanings.

I wanted to ask him what was he mean but my eyes begin to weigh, pulling me back to sleep. As if, he did something to make me fall asleep once again.

Meanwhile...

He takes a deep breath before asking him again. "What do you mean, she isn't there?"

"According to my source, she's sick and needs to take an off to rest."

"Alright..." he answered and scan the whole place where lots of people coming around. They were at busies part of the Sky City, the Metropolis, where everyone working in each building were going back and forth. "I think I need something to freshen up myself. Will you find it and bring it to my place."

"Yes, I will."

"Then, I'll wait for it."

I silently bow at him before leaving me alone. "How long are you going to spy on me?" I asked afterwards.

"So, you knew it already." A voice of a female spoke up.

I turned around to see her. "Corvina."

Corvina Morana daughter of the third powerful and richest families at the Sky City and she was known as the cruel princess and because of it no one dares to face and see her.

"Too formal, Mau."

"Don't call me 'Mau', we aren't friends." She just rolled her eyes. "What was your business here?" I straightly asked her.

"You know what, if only you came from the royal blood, I wouldn't mind marrying you rather than that 'brat' master of yours." She was talking about Kanik Reinhardt, the second son of Reinhardt, the second powerful and richest men at the Sky City. She and Kanik where engage since they were a child though, I knew that Kanik doesn't want to marry her because he was looking for the 'one' who has the 'maiden's grail'.

"No thank you." I simply answered.

"What! You're still refusing me?"

"Yes, indeed."

"Wow!" she laughs.

"If you wouldn't say anything, I have to leave." I said and turned my back at her.

"Wait!" she exclaimed and I stop looking back at her.

"Did you already find the 'maiden's grail'?"

"About that, ask Kanik." I answered before leaving her.

--- --- ---

Jr.