Chapter 18

Peyton POV

I dropped Rowan off at her house right away. After what had just happened, I didn't know what to do. I know I shouldn't worry so much. I mean, it's our lives, not theirs. Right?

I am in my basement playing video games at the moment. It's late now, fifteen minutes past nine. I sit in the beanbag pressing multiple buttons. My eyes droop and I feel like I'm going to pass out. Not a good idea.

My whole body slowly moves up the stairs until I reach my bedroom. I plop down onto my bed and my eyes immediately shut. I had a long day.

----- • -----

I am surrounded in darkness. I hear people's voices all around me. But I don't see anyone.

They're all screaming things about me and Rowan. But they are all negative.

"You can't be with Rowan."

"She's too young for you."

"You're too old for her."

"Rowan's to immature for you."

The last one got to me. She is completely not immature. Yes, she could be at times. But everyone's immature sometimes. Its natural.

I grit my teeth in frustration. I try to yell. But it's no use. No one can hear me. Not here. My body stiffens and I fall to my knees.

Then I wake up.

My eyes are wide and my cheeks are covered in sweat.

I just had a nightmare.

I immediately check the time. It is now 30 minutes past ten. I get up from my bed and change into more appropriate clothes. I run outside and take the only thing I would need, which is my phone.

I decide not to take my car and walk to where I want to go. My destination is not only but Rowan's house. I don't know why I'm so drawn there, but I don't refuse the urge.

----- • -----

I arrive at Rowan's house and head to her bedroom window. How am I going to get up there? I guess I'll just have to her her attention.

Searching the ground, I find a couple of small rocks not big enough to break a window. I aim and throw. The first one hits the side, but not the window. I must still be half asleep. I try again, and this time, actually hit the window.

I stare and wait. A figure appears behind the glass and slides the window open. It's Rowan. I hit the right window.

"Peyton?" She shouts in disbelief.

"Yeah,"

"What are you doing here?"

"I had a bad dream." I say.

"Awe, does somebody need a hug," She smirks.

I nod. "Yes, I actually do. Can I come up?"

"What? How?"

"Well, I can fly up there."

She shakes her head. "Yeah, of course you can."

I smile. "So, do you have a ladder, or something?"

She hesitates. "No,"

My stomach sinks. Now, how am I supposed to get up there? Should I even be here?

"I'll just have to climb up."

"Are you crazy?"

I grab onto the siding and make my way up. I guess I am crazy. I reach up and slowly climb until I am near her window. She lets out her hand and I grab onto it. Our hands fit perfectly.

She pulls me in and I fall onto the floor.

"Thanks," I say.

"Why are you even here?"

"Getting right to the point, huh?" I smile. "Well, I've already told you. I had a bad dream."

"Shouldn't you be in your parent's room, then?"

I grin. "I felt like coming here. So I did. Simple as that."

"Um...okay," She says. "Well I guess you could spend the night. But no funny business. I know your an older teenage boy with hormo-"

"Yeah, okay." I cut her off. "I'll sleep on the floor."

She smiles and sits on top of her bed. I sit on her floor and stare at her.

"Oh, I'll get you some blankets." She gets up and grabs a couple blankets from her closet and hands them to me.

"You keep blankets in your closet?"

"For sleepovers,"

She grabs a pillow from her bed and tosses it to me. "Well, goodnight."

"Goodnight,"

I watch her sleep until my eyes feel heavy and I drift off into my own.

----- • -----

My body shakes awake from a loud beep. I jerk up and stare sleepily at Rowan, who is on her phone.

"Oh, your awake. I'm sorry. I was texting Olivia." She says.

I smile. "It's alright." I start to get up. "What time is it?"

She checks her phone then replies, "it's 10:24 a.m.,"

I nod. I comb my hair with my fingers. Trying to get it to look as decent as possible. "I should get going."

"Awe, already?" She whines.

"Do you want your mom to find out that I spent the night in your bedroom, alone, with you?"

She shakes her head. "No...I guess not."

"Then I must go. I'm sorry," I smile sadly. I start to walk toward the window and stare at the beautiful setting. Her pool, the birds singing, and the trees dancing to the slight wind.

She gets up from her bed and stands by my side.

I turn to her and smile. "Before I go-"

I get interrupted by a kiss, and for a few moments, we stay there. Together. Just the two of us.

I slide the window open and start to climb down. I rest my hands on the window frame and smile warmly at Rowan. "I love you,"

"I love you too," she says.

I climb down and jump at the last few feet. I start to run back. I feel special to someone, other than my parents. I feel cared for, I feel loved.

But people don't want me to feel that.

I am not free.

All I know, is that now, I want to be free.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✚ ✚ ✚

I updated again today!

Only for those of you who wanted another chapter, really badly.

You know who you are.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Remember to comment and vote! Ily guys.

Remember to keep calm, and read on!