Chapter 23

COMMENTS ON ROWAN'S TWEET

@Sam: You're lying. DON'T DENY LOVE ROWAN.

@Bailey: NO

@Summer: Yay for Cowan!

@Megan: LIAR

@Chelsea: lol stop lying Rowan, of course Reyton is real.

@Isabelle: WHAT

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✚

Rowan POV

Corey asked to hang out with me today, after we film a couple episodes. We already have finished filming, so I wait in my dressing room. He said that he'll come here.

After a few minutes have past, I hear a knock at the door.

"Rowan," I hear Corey's muffled voice.

"Coming!" I yell as I approach the door. I open the door and my brown-haired best friend, Corey, walks right in. "Make yourself at home." I joke.

Corey walks toward the couch and we both sit down at the same time. We talk about many things. We laugh about other stupid things.

"Wanna make a music video?" He asks.

"Sure!" I smile. I take out my phone. Corey stands behind the camera and I play one of Sabrina's songs in the background. I hit play and start lip sinking to her music. Corey twirls around and jumps. He trips on the table and falls right on top of it. I laugh as he spills the chips all over the floor. "Corey!" I yell as I click the recording button off.

"Yeah?" He gets up. He dusts off his pants and sits back down on the couch. "I'm fine." He smiles. Then laughs.

We laugh for about five minutes. None stop.

"So, Rowan." Corey looks at me. His face turns from cheery to serious.

My body tightens. Something serious is going to happen. "Yeah?" I question.

He doesn't say anything.

Then the weirdest thing starts to happen. He starts leaning in. What? Why? He's my best friend! My eyes widen and my whole body freezes. My brain tries to tell my body to move away but my body says otherwise.

He closes his eyes and his lips touch mine. I stiffen. Once my body recovers, I quickly pull back. Corey opens his eyes. His eyes showing mixed emotions. Both full of embarrassment and hurt.

"Rowan?" He murmurs.

"I'm-I'm sorry, Cor." I say. "I...I have a boyfriend."

"What!" He skids back. "You lied to me!" He cries.

"Corey-"

"No." He snaps. "You tweeted that you and Peyton aren't a couple. You said you wouldn't have a boyfriend till you were sixteen. You lied to me. You lied to everyone!"

My stomach drops. "Corey!" I cry. "I'm sorry. I wish I didn't. But I had to!"

"You didn't have to." He gives me a painful look. "I'm sorry, Rowan. If I had known you have a boyfriend, I wouldn't have kissed you."

I sigh.

"Who is he?"

"What?"

"Who is he?" Corey repeats. His eyes pleading for an answer. "Your boyfriend."

"I can't tell you."

"Yes you can. I am your best friend! You could have told me before!" He looks at the floor. "I can't believe you didn't tell me the truth."