Chapter 11

Rowan POV

I sit next to Sabrina, who is all cuddled up with Bradley. They're so perfect. Like, I can't even not look at them, without them being all in love and stuff.

We just relax on the couch, and watch some I Didn't Do It.

I didn't really feel that comfortable sitting next to Peyton, after what he told me. I actually thought we had a connection, but I guess he just doesn't feel the same way. I sigh at the thought of that.

Glancing at Peyton, I notice him getting up, and slowly coming towards me. I feel my heart pounding in my chest, going faster, as he approaches. I take a deep breath, as he looks down at me, and whispers, "Hey,"

"Hi," I whisper back.

He smiles, and says, "Come with me,"

Why would he ask me to come with him.

"...What? Why?" I give him a confused look.

"Just come," He pleads.

I think for a second, then prop up from the couch, and follow him. He leads me to Sabrina's room. Wait...what?

The last place that I would want to be alone with him...is a bedroom.

He shuts the door slowly, and sits on the floor. I walk past him, and sit on Sabrina's bed.

There is an awkward tension in the air.

I look around the room, trying to slip the awkwardness aside.

"So..." I say, unknowing what to say. "Why'd you bring me here?"

"I just felt like spending some alone time, with you."

I raise my eyebrows.

"I-if that's okay, with you," He quickly adds.

"Yeah, it's okay," I laugh a little, and he does the same.

I try and think of something to say, "So...uh," I look around the room. Avoiding his eyes. "...How's it going, playing as 'Lucas Friar' on our show, and stuff?" Why did I say that? Who would say that? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

He smiles at me, and I look into his eyes, I see my reflection, and I can see how pink my face looks. Wow.

"I like it," He replies. "How's it going, playing as 'Riley Matthews' and stuff?" He grins.

"I like it," I say, mimicking him.

He laughs, and I laugh with him.

We stare into each others eyes, smiling, for too long.

"Anyways," he clears his throat, "I've noticed you like Beyoncé,"

I smirk. "You've been playing close attention, haven't you?"

"I like to observe people."

"Yeah right," I laugh.

He gets up from the floor, and leans in close to my face. "Fine. I watch you, because I like you." His words press into my chest. He leans his face closer, and focuses on my lips.

The only thing that comes out of my mouth is, "But you're older than I am..."

He smiles at me. "Like that makes a difference."

"I just don't understand," I start. "We're 3 years apart. You have a car, I don't. You probably would rather be with girls your age, and how would I even go to prom with you?" I frown.

"Well, I understand, completely." He looks me in the eyes.

I give him an unsure smile.

"Look," he says, holding up something in his hands, smiling widely. "I've got tickets to Beyoncé!"

I smile ear to ear. "Oh my gosh! Peyton!" I squeal, and give him a big hug.

He hugs me back, and says, "Sorry, I've only got two."

"T-thats okay," I pull back smiling, "Thats perfect."

He smiles and gives me a big hug, lifting me up from the floor, and twirls me around twice. He sets me back down on the bed, and relaxes next to me.

----- • -----

We've been laughing, and talking for the past hour. Our gang is probably worried sick about us, but all I know, is that I'm with him.

I watch his every move. When he speaks, when he laughs, and most importantly, when he smiles. Every time he smiles, I smile.

He bites his lip, and focuses on my nose, and my lips, and my chin. He leans in, brushing our lips together. I feel his breaths against my own.

Then our lips collide.

Filling me with sparks, and butterflies, swarming all around, inside me. I tense up at first, then start to kiss back. We separate, and I stare up at him.

We just sit there, staring at each other, not caring about anything else in the world.

Wow. That just happened.

I let out a smile, but it fades away quickly.

"So...what now?"