S i x t e e n

The rest of the day flew by like a blur, and Samantha and I somehow managed to get Seth home in one piece without mom or dad suspecting anything out of the ordinary.

I hadn't seen ether of the Mayfield's since yesterday.

It was now the day I had been dreading since the start of this move, the first day of school, and who would have thought that this was the way it would be starting.

Amber was probably now fully aware of what had happened, after seeing her brother's apperance when he returned home to the apartment.

"Ashley! Get up!"

Sam whined banging on my bedroom door, obviously unaware that I hadn't even gone to sleep at all, instead I tossed and turned in my bed all hours of the night.

"I'm up Sam."

I groaned grabbing the pillow underneath my head, and throwing it over my forehead burrying my face in it and letting out a muffled scream.

It had been two whole days since I had spoken to Anna, which was probably the longest break our friendship had ever taken.

My life was in such disarray and the last thing I wanted was to sit at a cramped desk where teachers would give me weird glances along with the social groups at the school who were all dying to know where the "new girl" came from.

Today I wasn't Ashley Powers, I was the awkward girl that Chesterfield had never seen before.

If only I had actually gone shopping yesterday like I told my mother I was going to do, then I wouldn't be staring at the mound of clothes that lined the walls of my closet, waiting for something to jump out at me.

Fashion, and picking out good stylish outfits to wear were not my level of expertise, I grabbed a pink ruffle tank- top that had been lying on the floor of my closet in a heap off of the ground along with dark washed skinny blue jeans.

I quickly got dressed and applied a thin layer of eye-liner and a hint of blush and lip-gloss, because even though makeup wasn't really my thing, I definitely wanted to look my best on the first day.

I rushed down the hall slipping my arms into a thin military jacket, when I reached the kitchen my mother was behind the island making eggs, and my father was seated at the head of the kitchen table with a folded newspaper in front of his face, and his glasses perched on the bridge of his nose.

Seth was seated next to dad scarfing down a forkful of eggs, and then turned to face me upon my entering the room.

"You're so dressed up, what's the occasion?"

Seth laughed chewing with his mouth opened, enough for me to see the half dissinigrated eggs inhabiting his mouth.

"Chew with your mouth closed pig."

I retorted, rolling my eyes and taking the seat next to Seth.

"Hi sweetie, want some eggs?"

My mom questioned.

"Sure, thanks."

I smiled, as my mother walked over to my seat and placed a plate of fluffy yellow scrambled eggs, right in front of me.

I leaned over towards Seth once mom had walked away and dad was too busy engrossed in his morning newspaper.

"So about last night, are you alright?"

I whispered making sure no one could hear.

"Fine. Let's just forget about it okay?"

Seth stated.