Chapter 21 - Epilogue

"... Mason, Mason, Mason! Please wake up! "

There was a voice in my dizzy head that was slowly getting louder and louder. Did God call me to him? I felt like I could move my eyelids again and opened my eyes. Everything at that moment was white and blurry as if I were really in heaven. But something was odd here. Shouldn't heaven feel more ...well, like another world?

"He woke up! He woke up! Mason! Oh, Dipper! "The voice became more familiar, and I felt something hit my face. It was tears.

It woke me up from a trance, and immediately the endless white around me changed into a blurred dark scene, which after a while turned into a clear image. And what I saw shocked me. I was neither in heaven nor the royal palace. No, I was on the floor of Cipher's golden tomb, and a weeping Mabel knelt above me with several paramedics and members of the archeological team. I could feel the breathing mask on my nose and mouth and one of the paramedics checking my heart rate.

"M... Mabel?" I whispered, not believing she was really there. "Yes, Dip-Dop! It's me! Oh God, we were all so worried about you that you wouldn't wake up! "She hugged me tightly, but I immediately tried to turn my head and look around. "Mabel, you are back! I - Wait, where's Bill? After all, he was still standing with me a while ago... No, no, no, no, he stayed there! No, I need to go back there! "

My sister didn't understand at all what I was talking about. "What? What are you talking about, Dipper? What Bill? "

"Bill Cipher! The pharaoh of ancient Egypt and my husband! We've been married for a year, I think. So before Tad came to his Will's wedding, he put poison in my drink and I-I-I..."

"Hey, bro. Please calm down! It was just a dream. He passed out because of the high amount of CO2 here in the tomb, and what you saw was a fantasy. Now, we'll take you to the hospital so the doctors can look at you."

"But I-" I stammered, confused, not wanting to believe it. Was it really just a dream? All that adventure, love, wedding, intimate moments with a blonde... were all just a creation of my mind?)

"Dipper! Oh, Goddess. You can't scare me like that! I'm too old for this, you know! "I heard someone running up to us. It was Ford, crying as much as Mabel. He must have been so worried because of me. "Grunkle Ford! I... I did it! I found Pharaoh Cipher's golden tomb! "I smiled as the old man hugged me tightly.

"Yes, I know. I can't believe it happened in the end. It's so beautiful here. Look at all of that gold! And without you, we would never find it. From today, your name will go down in history forever as the one who discovered this most magnificent tomb of the Egyptian monarch. I'm incredibly proud of you. "

We hugged for a while, cried, and were generally happy that we were finally together again. Then it was time to leave for the hospital. Two stronger men lifted me off the ground and led me out of the tomb on a stretcher. But before I left, I managed to turn my head to see the sarcophagus of the greatest pharaoh of all time and the man I loved so much...

----------------------------------------------------------

It has been 4 years since the Golden tomb was found. And a lot has changed in that time.

For example, my appearance changed a bit. I got taller (but only for a few inches), started wearing reading glasses, got rid of the mullet, and cut her short. Which was actually a nice change, according to the hot weather in Egypt.