Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"It could have been better if I was able to meet her face-to-face," aniya sa nanghihinayang na tono.

Ngumiti ako. "Uuwi siya next year, you can meet her then," I said. "Well, that is if you want."

"Really?" He sounded so excited. "...Then, I should prepare the best words to say to her during that moment."

I laughed. "I think I'll be doing the same if I was also going to meet your mother."

He looked at me. "...You want to meet mom?"

I cleared my throat and beamed. "Well, I didn't mean it that way. Pero... ayaw mo ba?"

He shook his head. 'It's a no then?'

"I love the idea of introducing my queen to the queen mother."

I chuckled. "Kinakabahan na tuloy ako." I placed my hand on top of my heart. Then I looked at him after realizing the concept he had used. "Tell me, historical korean dramas ba iyong mga napanood mo?"

"Huh? ...They were wearing their traditional clothes so it must be," he said, confused. "But why are you asking me that, love?"

I let out a chuckle. "Because of the 'introducing my queen to the queen mother' line you said."

"Ah, that..." He laughed. "I never thought I will be able to use that concept, too."

I suddenly remembered that time when he also used what he has watched to save me. Mas lalo akong natawa. I gave him a thumbs up. "Congrats!"

"Back to our main topic, love, I'll call mom later to tell her that we're going to visit home on Sunday."

'Ha? Agad? I can't prepare in a short period of time. Sa susunod na araw na iyon!'

However, I ended up nodding as a response and said, "Okay."

After having our dinner, we had a few drinks. Kaya si Yela, kahit alas-dies pa lang ay tulog na. Nasa kwarto na siya at malalim na ang tulog. Meanwhile, Miko and I were still wide awake.

Miko was lying on my lap. I was playing with his hair while he was playing with my left hand. He's tracing every line on my palm and eventually traced my ring finger.

Our special time was interrupted by a ring coming from my phone. I was about to ignore it but I saw my sister's name on the screen.

Umayos sa pagkakaupo si Miko.

"Sagutin ko lang 'to, ha," sabi ko.Tumango siya at ngumiti.

I ruffled his hair before I went to the balcony. Sinagot ko ang tawag ni ate.

"Happy birthday!" ang bungad niya.

"Salamat, ate."

"Hinandaan ka namin ng spaghetti rito."

Napangiti ako sa narinig. "Thanks."

"...May sasabihin ako."

It seemed like she was about to tell me a very important thing. So I asked her.

"Oh? Ano 'yon?"

"So, we went to the grocery store this afternoon. Ako at si Sofi."

"Then?"

"...Nakita namin siya, Dana."

Tila alam ko na ang patutunguhan ng usapang ito. It is not that important.

"Sinong siya?" I asked, raising a brow.

"That guy who must not be named."

'Important? Not at all. Old stories, old people.'