Chapter 7- The Surprise

-7 weeks later-

-Wednesday Morning-

Stella woke up and felt the urge to vomit and ran into the bathroom, she got to the toilet and started hurling. A minute later she notices Kelly comes up behind her and holds up her hair. After about 8 minutes she finally stops throwing up.

Kelly: Stella are you sure you are okay? You have been throwing up every morning for a week.

Stella: Kelly I am fine, I must've just eaten something bad.

Kelly: If you say so, but if this continues and doesn't stop by Friday I am taking you to med.

Stella: I do not need to go to med, I am fine, but if you insist I will go. Not until Friday though. 

-they both arrive at the firehouse-

Kelly: Stella are you sure you are okay? I'm sure chief would understand if you needed to take this shift off to rest.

Stella: Listen Kelly I am fine. I will let you know if it gets worse. I promise.

Kelly: Fine, but you have to let me know if you feel any worse.

Stella: Will do.

-1 hour later-

Kelly is sitting at the Squad table and Stella is in the Common Room. She suddenly feels the urge to vomit so she runs to the bathroom. Brett follows her because she is worried.

Brett: Stella?

Stella: Yeah?

Brett: Are you okay?

Stella: To be completely honest no. I have been vomiting everyday for the past week and a half, I feel nauseous whenever I smell or eat anything, I get emotional over nothing, and I am constantly tired.

Brett: Stella...it sounds like your pregnant.

Stella: What?! There is no way you are crazy.

Brett: When was the last time you got your period?

Stella: Oh crap. I haven't gotten my period in almost 2 months. The next time you and Mackey go out on a call, can you grab me a pregnancy test?

Brett: For sure, are you going to tell Kelly?

Stella: No not yet, I want to be sure before I tell him. Brett do not say a word of this to anyone please. If I am pregnant Kelly needs to be the first one to know.

Brett: Don't worry I won't say a word.

-the bells ring-

*Ambulance 61 person in distress 28 Franklin Road*

Brett: I'll be back with the pregnancy test in a bit.

Stella: Okay, I am going to go rest I am tired.

Stella walks into Kelly's quarters and notices that Kelly isn't in there she lays down on his bunk and quickly falls asleep. Kelly walks in about 10 minutes later. He sees Stella sleeping on his bunk, and gently wakes her up.

Kelly: Hey, Stella you okay?

Stella: Yeah I'm okay I'm just a little tired.

Kelly: I there anything I can do to make it feel better?

Stella: Yes actually you can, come here lay down with me.

Kelly: Of course babe.

They lay down together. Stella leans on Kelly and Kelly wraps his arms around Stella and kisses her on the forehead. She quickly falls asleep. 

About 30 minutes later ambo arrived back at the house.

Brett knocks on Kelly's door, he was doing some paperwork while Stella was still sleeping.

Brett: Hey can I borrow Stella real quick.

Kelly: Yeah for sure just give me one second. Hey Stella, Brett wants you for a second.

Stella: Okay I am coming.

Brett and Stella walk into the bathroom. They make sure no one is in there.

Brett: I got you 2 pregnancy tests just to be safe.

Stella: Okay.

Stella takes the pregnancy test then sets a timer on her phone for 3 minutes.

The timer goes off.

Stella: Oh god I am nervous. Kelly and I never really talked about kids much. He did once mention that he was going to die as an old man in bed with our children and grandchildren surrounding him. He is great with kids and I have no doubt he would make the best father.

Brett: That's sweet, but Stella how do you feel?

Stella: You know to be honest I never thought of the topic much. I wasn't sure if I would make a good mother because of my childhood. But I love kids and I would never want to give up the chance to be a mom, especially with someone as special as Kelly.

Brett: Stella, your kid would be the luckiest kid in the world to have you and Kelly as parents. Now check the results.

Stella flips over the test.

Stella: It's....POSITIVE! 

She starts to cry out of pure joy, she didn't say it, but she kind of wanted the results to be positive because having a baby with someone as special as Kelly was her dream. Brett hugs Stella and says-

Brett: Congratulations Stella! How are you going to tell Kelly?

Stella: Thanks, and I have no clue, but I want it to be special. Also this does not leave this room, at least until I tell Kelly.

Brett: Your secret is safe with me.

Stella: Thanks again.