Chapter 16- Engagement Announcement

Stella and Kelly got from their stay at the cabin 3 days ago. They convinced Hermann to let them use Mollys for an announcement, but they didn't tell him what kind of announcement. Stella has been making sure to take off her ring before getting to work so they wouldn't ruin the surprise. It was the end of shift and their engagement announcement was at 7:30pm that night at Mollys. Stella was in the locker room getting ready to leave when Brett walked in while Stella was putting her ring back on.

Brett: Hey Stella.

Stella: Hey Brett.

Brett: How's the baby doing?

Stella: The baby is doing good, Kelly and I have another appointment later this month.

Brett: That's great!

Brett looks over at Stella and notices the ring.

Brett: No way! Kelly proposed?

Stella: Keep your voice down! Damn it, it was the announcement Kelly and I were making at Mollys tonight.

Brett: So he did propose?

Stella: He did, while we were at the cabin.

Brett: That's great! Come here.

Brett hugs Stella.

Brett: Congratulations again, and don't worry I won't say a word.

Stella: Thanks, see you later tonight.

-Stella goes to Kelly's quarters-

Stella walks in and closes the doors.

Stella: God damn it.

Kelly: What's wrong?

Stella: Brett figured out that we're engaged.

Kelly: What? How?

Stella: I was putting my ring back on in the locker room and she walked in and noticed it.

Kelly: Oh well there isn't anything we can do about it now.

Stella: I almost slipped up so many times, and I thought I did it, but then I slipped.

Kelly: It's fine, I'm sure she won't say anything. Let's head home so we can get rest before tonight.

Stella: Sounds like a plan. 

They both head home and rest until about 5'clock. 

Kelly: Hey babe?

Stella: Yeah?

Kelly: We should probably head over to Mollys so we can start to set up.

Stella: Let's do it. 

They both put on some nice clothes for the announcement, then they both head over to Mollys. No one was there, so they had some extra time to set up. At about 7:20 some people started to arrive, and by 7:40 everyone was there.

Kelly: Hey everyone, Stella and I have an announcement to make.

Stella had her hands behind her back.

Kelly: Honey show them your hand.

Stella brings out her hand from behind her back and shows her left hand.

Herrmann: No way you two are engaged?

Stella: You bet.

Everyone: Congratulations!

Everyone separately congratulates them and everyone eventually settles down. Stella is sitting with Kelly when Herrmann walks over.

Stella: Hey Herrmann.

Herrmann: Hey guys, I just wanted to congratulate you guys again.

Kelly: Thanks Herrmann.

Herrmann: You guys all planning to have the same last name?

Stella: We are actually, but in the firehouse I will still go by Kidd just so we don't confuse people.

Herrmann: That sounds reasonable. If you ever need anything whether it is about the baby or marriage don't hesitate to come to me. I'm kind of the expert at that kind of stuff.

They all laugh.

Kelly: We will don't worry.

Herrmann: That baby, will be your greatest joy and being a parent is the best thing you could possible ask for.

Stella: People keep telling us that.

Herrmann: Cheers.

Stella and Kelly: Cheers. 

After about another hour Kelly and Stella decide to head out. They head right home and go right to bed.

Stella: I feel so much better now.

Kelly: About what?

Stella: Little bean, she really does have the best built in family at 51.

Kelly: She sure does.

Stella: I love you, good night.

Kelly: I love you too, sleep well.