Chapter 9- The 1st Ultrasound

Kelly and Stella are still sleeping when Kelly's alarm goes off. He quickly turns it off and starts to wake Stella.

Kelly: Hey honey? It's 1:15pm we have to get ready soon, so we are not late for the ultrasound.

Stella: I know, let's go see the little one.

-they head over to med-

Dr. Manning: Stella and Kelly why don't you head back with me to room 7 for the ultrasound. Stella sit here and lift up your shirt.

Stella lifts up her shirt and motions for Kelly to hold her hand. Kelly comes right over to her and holds her hand. He puts his free hand on her shoulder then kisses her on the head.

Dr. Manning: It's okay to be nervous. Tell me if I am correct, this is your first pregnancy right?

Stella: Yes it is, and thank you.

Dr. Manning: Okay, so why don't we go right ahead and get started. I am going to move around this wand on your stomach for the ultrasound. It has a gel on it and it will feel cold. 

Natalie starts the ultrasound, and moves around the wand.

Dr. Manning: That little blob is your baby. You can see that the baby's arms and legs are starting to develop and the little one has a very strong heart beat.

Kelly and Stella both have tears in their eyes. They look at each other and kiss.

Dr. Manning: Would you like to hear the baby's heartbeat?

Stella and Kelly: Yes!

The littles one's heartbeat is the best thing that Stella and Kelly has ever heard. Kelly now has tears streaming down his face. 

Stella: Hey babe, it's okay.

Kelly: I know, I am just so happy right now.

Dr. Manning: Well everything looks good and I would like you to come back in about 2 weeks for another ultrasound.

Stella: Will do.

-Stella and Kelly walk out to the car-

-in the car-

Kelly: Honey, I want you to know that you make me feel like the luckiest man ever to walk this Earth. Building a life with you is everything I ever want, and everything I will ever need. You complete me and make me better. 

Stella: Aw, Kelly you are making me cry. You made me a better, changed person. When you met me I was broken and in a bad situation. You saved my life. You stopped me from going down a hole I could not come back from. This, you, me, and the little one is all I could ever ask for.

They embrace and kiss. On the way home they hold hands the whole way just enjoying each other's company.