10 Obito x Kakashi ❤️

(AU: Obito and Rin basically switched places.)

No one could've ever imagined that the mission would go this bad.
Rin had been crushed by a falling boulder, Kakashi was gifted her tailed beast, and Obito was left to fend for the both of them with his newly awakened Sharingan.

Kunai in hand, Obito clutched his comrade in his arms while he sat on the floor against a tree.
They had made it out of the eternal resting place of their dear friend Rin. Obito was met by a rouge ninja when he managed the escape, but he was ran off by the intimidation of the young mans, already impressive Sharingan. Obito didn't have the guts to kill anybody anyway, not the way Kakashi did.

Speaking of the silver haired Jonin, he was passed out cold by the implant of the Three Tailed Beast, Isobu. He was too young to be a jinchuriki, even if Rin had been one. He didn't have the right blood to do so either. He was a Hatake, not a Nohara or an Uzumaki. It would be like a Haruno taking on a Sharingan. But that wasn't all, Kakashi also had a gash over the entirety of his left eye. A rock had hit him in the face while he was fleeing the collapsing cave. The laceration would definitely leave a scar. His mask was torn down to his chin, so Obito could see a small mole that decorated the exposed area. He wasn't worried about it. He cared more about Kakashi bleeding out then admiring his face.

"It's alright Kakashi, I'll protect you." Obito mumbled to himself out of desperation. He was trying to convince himself more than his comrade.
Obito could feel Kakashi twitch in his arms.
"You're alright Kakashi. I know you must be hurting." He soothed gently, "Ill protect you, and the tailed beast inside of you."

Kakashi's twitching ceased as he open his right eye.
"O-Obito...?" He asked, not willing to say anything else. His face stung as the formation of syllables stretched the corner of his cheeks. The wound on his face continued to leak blood.

"You don't need to speak Kakashi. Just focus on staying awake for now." The Uchiha was gripping the kunai he held in his right hand. He had been holding it so tightly, and for so long, that his fingers started to ache.

"What..." Kakashi paused, letting the pain pass him. "Home." He simplified, hoping his comrade would understand what he meant.

"I don't know how we're going to get home, but if I have to carry you all the way back to the village, then I will." Obito nodded to himself, promising to do just that if it came down to it.

"Hurt..." Kakashi had resorted to one word sentences. Finding the pain in the left side of his face unbearable. His adrenaline was beginning to fade, so he was now experiencing the full extent of his injuries.

"I know Kakashi. It'll be ok. I've got you." Obito stabbed his kunai into the ground.
"Hold on Kakashi." He said.
He lifted his teammate up from the ground, standing simultaneously.

The silver haired Jonin hissed in pain, the sudden movement foreign to him.
"Sleep." Kakashi was exhausted and in pain. All he wanted right now was to get some rest. He was telling Obito what he wanted, what he needed.

"I know you must be tired Kakashi, but please stay awake. You could have a concussion." Obito gently jumped through trees, able to see far ahead with his Sharingan. No enemies would sneak up on them this time.

Kakashi hummed uncomfortably as he shifted in his friends arms. Moving around was the only thing he could do to keep himself awake, even if it hurt to do so. Obito was the medical ninja after all, so he'd know what to do in these situations.
"Thank...you." He mustered two words in the faint sound of recognition.

"Don't thank me, thank Rin." Obito didn't look down at Kakashi. He continued to look forward while he scanned for enemies.

With the mention of Rin, Kakashi's right eye leaked tears. His left one was incapable of the action at the moment. Not even Obito knew if the eye itself was damaged.