Chap 3.

He told himself every night that Andy didn't change, that he is coming back, Nick is trying to push the truth away, as far as he can get it, but it keeps crawling back, over and over.
He doesn't understand how he can just go like this, leave him alone, after all the promises he made, yes they were never in a relationship, there was never any 'I love you's' to each other, so Nick shouldn't be this upset, but it's not his fault he fell in love, before they started to do what they done Nick had never even thought about being with Andy, he never dreamt of it, it's strange how quick your mind can switch at one simple touch.
How could Nick believe his promises despite knowing how common it is for promises to be broken?
Does Andy think that erasing someone from his life is easier than sorting things out? It sounds like something Andy would do, just hide away from the truth.
He gets home, slamming his door behind him, he bursts into tears, wailing at the top of his lungs, so much emotions crawling through his mind.
He picks up the phone, dialling the number he knows all too well, but still no answer, Nick tightens his grip on the phone, slamming it down onto the table, he pulls on his hair out of frustration, tears stinging his eyes.
"Fucking prick!"
He exclaims, walking back and forth, he knows what he has to do, he has to visit him, he needs to find out what he done, why he left him.
He's never hated someone but loved them so much at the same time. He packs some things, he know he won't be staying long, he just wants an explanation, a long explanation, but most of all he just wants to know he's okay, he knows he's mad at him, it doesn't mean he doesn't care though, he hopes that he is okay. He knows he is in LA, which is a long way away, but he doesn't care, he's got nothing better to do, he's quite glad to be able to leave this place for a small bit, clear his mind.
His heart is racing, although he knows he needs to see him, it'll drive him mad not ever being able to know why.
He opens the door, a taxi waiting for him, he puts on his sunglasses, the darkest ones he can find, he didn't want anyone to see his bloodshot eyes.
He puts his bag into the car, before turning around to see John, his eyebrows furrow, watching John walk hastily to him.
"What are you doing?"
He asks, looking over the car.
"I'm leaving, for a bit. I just want to clear my mind."
Nick says sternly, not looking at John.
"W-Why?"
John says, a bit out of breath.
"Nigel- not everything has to have a reason." He says, meeting his gaze.
"This clearly does."
John mumbles, Nick rolls his eyes, as he is about to get into the car, John grabs his shoulder. Nick looks up to him, he wants to cry again, he's just so tired.
"Please don't be gone long, I'll worry."
John says, his soft words make Nick want to cry even more, he genuinely means it, he can't be rude to John when he's so kind.
"I won't be, Johnny. I just want to be alone, clear my mind."
He says, giving a weak smile, it's hard for him to look happy right now, he's far from it.
John gives a nod, a small smile tugs on his lips.
"Where are you going?"
"I haven't figured it out yet."
Nick lies, he knows exactly where he is going, and what for. It's hard for him to lie to his best friend, it hurts his heart to do so, but if he told him, he would know exactly why he's going.
"Be safe, okay? I want you to know that Simon doesn't mean what he's saying. He's just frustrated."
John whispers, Nick knows Simon doesn't mean it, of course he doesn't, he wishes he could explain he's not leaving because of him.
Nick nods, giving him a smile.
"Don't be gone long."
John repeats, making sure Nick hears him, he pats him on the back, before he steps away, letting him go.
Nick gives him a small wave, before sitting into the car, letting out a long sigh he didn't know he had. He watches John's figure slowly fade away, he turns around, watching the city fly past him, he thinks of what he's doing, is it really the right thing to do? Maybe he should just leave Andy alone, but it'll eat at him if he never does, he'll be wondering and wondering forever, there's no way he could never speak to him again.

It's a completely different place from England, it doesn't seem like the place Andy would want to be, at least Nick doesn't think so. The setting, the people, everything, it just isn't his scene, so he wonders why he is here.
He knows just where he'll be, he knows what house, it's quite small, it's got an opening so you can sit on the roof, something Andy would like, the inside is lovely, Nick remembers going there when Andy first bought it, he imagined living with Andy there forever, oh how stupid he was.
He walks with his bag by his side, his hands shaking, his heart pumping out of his chest, it's raining slightly, yet his cigarette stays lit, he inhales as much as he can, he needs it to help calm his nerves.
The house comes into view, and suddenly Nick has a sudden urge to turn back, he stops dead, his head wanting to leave, but his heart wanting to run to him. So desperate yet so hesitant.
He clutches to his bag, trying to find some sort of comfort, he used to have a warm feeling on his way to see Andy, now it's fear, a cold feeling, the hairs on his arms stand on end. He takes a deep breath, making his way to the door.
Behind the door would be Andy, the Andy he used to hold close to him, holding his waist while they lay together, he would place kisses to his neck, while Andy would smile, holding him closer, no more hatred, no more cold stares, just pure lust. Andy looked at him like he was his whole world, or was it all in Nick's head? Did he ever really look at him like that? Now that he left him alone, he started to think he imagined it all, why did they never go further if he looked like he loved him so much? Maybe they were meant to just be hookups, maybe at the time it was just something to stop the arguments and that's all it should've been, but Nick couldn't help but try.
He knocks the door, then places his hand back to his side, clutching his jacket to stop his hand from shaking, it takes a while for Andy to respond, Nick thinks of walking away, but he keeps his ground, he's not giving up that easily.
His eyes shoot down at the lock, which now turns slowly.
Oh my god
He thinks to himself, he's got so much thoughts in his head, he can't stay still.