chapter twenty six - family photo

1980

"oh, Lily he is gorgeous!" I say as I hold baby Harry in my arms, swaying him lightly from side to side. I cannot stop smiling. "oh, and he has your eyes!". Everyone just giggles. Not everyone is used to me being this soft. "I want one." I say turning to Remus.

"slow down." He laughs, placing his hand on my back.

"i cant believe you guys have to go into hiding." Peter adds. " I mean, I think Sevyn has threatened or fought every member of the death eaters and she is still here"

"well, they have a lot more to lose now." I remind him. Not taking my eyes from Harry. I just adore this baby so much.

"actually, we wanted to ask you and Sirius something." James announces. Sirius hears his name from the kitchen and walks in with food in his mouth.

"I heard my name." Sirius walks and stands next to me while Remus goes and sits down on the couch next to Peter. "what's up?"

"swallow Sirius." I tell him. He does. "so, what do you want to ask?"

"well..." lily starts and then James and her look at each other "we want you two to be Harry's godparents." Oh my god I'm going to cry.

"if you'll say yes" James finishes.

"oh god really?" okay now I am crying.

"guys are you seriousl?" Sirius asks.

"of course! You're our best friends." James reassures us.

"awwwww." Peter and Remus join in together from the couch. Everyone just laughs.

"okay I want a photo!" Lily runs to get her camera.

"Lily I am literally crying right now." I tell her.

"you look fine!" Lily runs back over, while Sirius wipes to tears from under my eyes. "okay, ready?"

We both nodded and walked in closer to each other, Sirius placing a hand around my waist and using his other hand to play with Harry. Harry wraps his tiny fingers around Sirius' finger as he coos, making us all laugh and smile. We stand up straight and look to James and Lily as she holds the camera up and we smile.

"harry look at me baby!"