63: Selfish

KAISER

There he is, the shameless shitbag who took away all the dreams I had.

Isn't that the man who said Daisy and I had the closest friendship? He acted as though he supported what we had, but he was the first person who destroyed our foundation.

He is a betrayal, he robbed good eight years from us. He inflicts suffering in my life just because the prick couldn't resist the fucking taste of liquor.

There is fire flaming in my veins, his fake innocent face provoked an intense anger in me, so strong from which I left behind some hours ago.

How dare he show his face here after everything he had done. For his mistakes I'm still so fucked up I don't even know who I am anymore.

Now that I'm trying to get Daisy to understand, he chooses to play prison break. Hell no.

"Dad?" I completely forgot about the frail girl next to me until she muttered the word.

My eyes immediately turned towards her, she forced herself to breathe, but it is obvious that she is experiencing heartbreak. I know, I've been there.

There is a shocking expression bandaged on his pathetic face.
"Oh my goodness... Daisy? Babe..." He choked and advanced with open arms. Instinct chose my side because Daisy immediately withdrew behind me, she appeared frightened by her father.
"Daisy?" He called weakly, when she stayed in my cover, her breathing shaky, her fingers trembling against each other, the schmuck stepped back with a shitload of disappointment replacing the slight happiness he thought he would have.

What did he expect? A television-worth reunion with his daughter after the stupid choice he made eight years ago? You walked out, you idiot.

What he caused still lingers around here, for that I'm in deep shit I don't know how to feel.

God knew I tried to mind my business, I wanted to stay out of their firm but Daisy was speechless, despite the hate she has for me, she was choosing me over her own father.

She must hate him too.

"Let's go home." I snatch her wrist and pull her with me towards the aligned elevators.

But the old man has some nerves left to speak.
"I just want to see my daughter, Daisy. Please, it's me, daddy. " He cried.

Daisy stopped and resisted my pull.
Son of a bitch.

I angrily pivot on my heels and tilt to the man who has tears spilling from his eyes.

"This isn't some fucking Titanic scene. Get a grip. I wouldn't hesitate to make some calls to inform the authorities about your break out, I'm sure you're the most wanted people right now in the nation. " I spat.

"What?" Those green eyes Daisy had inherited, Enlarge. He looked kind of taken aback.

"Your ass still has two more years to fucking rotten in the jail, what are you doing on my property?" I stride towards him, he instantly reacted with a retreat.

His eyes shift to his daughter, hoping she'd save him from me. But he has no idea no one can save him from me. Not even myself.

When she avoided his eyes, he swallowed and shoved his shaky hands into his old dirty pants.

It makes me wonder what the hell he went through. I take a full screening of the man who claims to be Kane Esteban.

He was everything opposite of that kind man next door. He was bald, he must have lost half of his weight, some of his teeth were missing, he must be starving even from his shrunken cheeks, sharpening hard to his cheekbone. It kind of gave me a minor pleasure knowing the son of the bitch didn't have any better eight years.

"There was... a verdict..." He paused.

"What verdict?" I scolded him, I don't want any bullshit. Isn't he a man? This guy has the guts to drink, he should have more to face me.

"There was a trial, the court lifted the allegations with the circumstantial evidence and the loss from my side." He quietly answered, avoiding my raging eyes.

"You didn't?" Oh sweet fuck, she doesn't believe this man, does she?

There was hope in her tone when she asked the man whose eyes were filled with lies.

"I did." He nodded at her.

"Oh!" All the hope she gained two seconds ago was lost again and she stepped back.

"Well, you should get going, we have no space for criminals." I smile at him.

"Can I have some words with Daisy, please?" His wrinkled eyes pleaded. "I see that you have become a very beautiful young woman," he said.

Oh hell no, not on my watch would this motherfucker get any word from Daisy.

"And what did you contribute to that? Oh, I remember you were in jail. " I sarcastically throw at him, and he shoved back like my words were that heavy. I mean compare to all he's done? This is nothing.

"KC." Daisy sternly warned from behind me.

She had no idea I was protecting her. I am not letting any harm come her way. Not even when it's her criminal of a father.

"Don't call me that. We are going upstairs. " I announced, and grab her hand but she yanked away and again went on with: "KC, stop."

I couldn't control the irritation and I sparked:
"I said don't fucking call me that, my name is Kay."
She was startled by my reaction, she breathed.

No. Not her. Fuck. I made one more step to hold her, to reassure her but the dick had to go and hold my biceps. "Kaiser?" He doesn't get to play the protective father.

"Do not touch me," I growled and shrug him off so hard he stumbled and almost fell.

"I think you should go, please." Daisy, despairing, told her father.

"Take this rag off my property," I ordered Knightley and Andre, who stood behind him and were quick to do what they were told.

When he was dragged out of my building, I could breathe, but only for a while.

"You know he's my father, right?" She finally spoke, I could feel her eyes bored on me.

"If you put it more as your sperm donor I might agree, but father Nah." I shook my head and avoided looking at her.

"You are never going to change, you will always be mean and offensive. You're so unbelievable. " I felt the edge and disappointment in her tone, it penetrates my chest and stabs through my empty rib cage.

"So now it's my fault?" I mocked, my fingers growing frustratingly into my hair. I eventually looked over at her pretty face, she looked exhausted.

I am exhausted. It's always my fault, I'm always the one she fucking blame when there is a lot she could be angry at. For instance, her bloody father who took away her life.
"I might be your villain Daisy, but I didn't kill a kid nor did I made you lose your home, your happy family, and school. At least, that's enough to know that ass of a man is not fit to be a father, I have no problem with why he wouldn't be a lowlife old man right now. " She gasped and blinked after my vocal vomit.

"For a moment I thought... I thought... You're so cruel. l fucking hate you. " She spat, her small hands pushed my hard torso, when I didn't budge, she turned around and headed for the exit of the building but my men were there.

I won't let her get away. Ever.