𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻 - 𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

It was just a normal day for the two of us. Onii-chan went out to make sure he keeps his ranking position.

Genos and I were assigned to patrol a school festival since numerous villains have been spotted around the area and that one had infiltrated the school and is hiding among the students.

They trusted the two of us, heroes, to do this alone so there were no other heroes in the area beside us.

"It is quite a lovely day. Don't you agree, Y/n?" Genos asked. It's quite rare to see Genos starting a conversation about the weather.

"Indeed, it is." I agreed, walking around the halls of the school. I already forgot what our mission was about.

All I know is that it has something to do with someone planning to commit a crime or a kidnapping, something of the sort.

"Demon Cyborg and Guardian Angel! Would you like to get your fortunes checked?!" a student excitedly asked.

She must be a fan. Well...she's wearing a bracelet that has Genos and I's ship name. Teenagers will be teenagers, I guess. Even though I'm a teenager myself.

"They do fortune-telling as well, huh? Do you wanna check it out to see how accurate it is?" I suggested.

"Fortune-tellings are nothing more than vague, easy-to-believe statements that rely on your own mind filling in the blanks, effective only due to the Barnum effect." he stated.

"Ah, is that what you think? So, should I take that as a no?" I asked. It sounds like he doesn't want to participate at all.

"I don't believe in such things but if that is what you want, then I would like to engage in every activity you participate in." Genos replied.

I cheered and we both headed inside of the booth. I don't believe in such things, but they're amusing.

We entered the dim room that was only lit by a glowing ball, I'm guessing it's the crystal ball for looking into the future or something.

"Oh my, what a cute couple! I'm assuming you want to know your future together?" the fortune-teller asked.

"Uhm, yes." I replied, taking a seat. I ushered Genos to also take a seat because he was just awkwardly standing there.

"I would like to see my future with Y/n as lovers. Is that possible?!" Genos yelled, slamming the table.

"Yes! Yes, it is. Please take a seat, sir." she sweatdropped. Genos just stood there and I told him to sit down and he immediately obeyed.

"Very well, I will tell your future." she announced. There appears to be two students, with interesting outfits, behind her.

"Tota eusoraono...eri-chamomile! Hah!" she chanted. I bet that's just gibberish but oh well.

The crystal ball began to change color. It suddenly turned into a mix of red and blue and they didn't seem to blend.

"What does the reading say?" I asked. She seemed to be avoiding eye contact with us. Yep, the result isn't good.

"Uh, well..." she stammered, trying to stall us and make us leave. I got kinda worried if I have to be honest.

"Be frank. If it is something bad then spit it out already before I force you to." Genos demanded. Did he have to say it in a threatening manner?

"I see, very well...for you two, there is no future as lovers. Your work as heroes will hinder your relationship..." she mumbled. She looked kind of sad...terrified?