𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 - 𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

The sky became dark and low with ominous black clouds and the wind picked up, howling, crying, warning, baying like a wolf into the night.

A stillness falls over the street, and in the silence comes a low crackle of thunder, rolling across rooftops to the pattering of tiny raindrops.

For a moment, everything stops. Even the wind holds its breath. A streak of hot silver splits the sky, and the downpour begins.

The first crack of lightning rent the air and within seconds the rolling boom of the thunder reverberated overhead.

Soon the rain fell, slow to start, splattering the sidewalks haphazardly.

Then it fell as if from buckets, cascading like a waterfall from the heavens. It pounded on roofs as if it were demanding an entrance.

The air grows heavy and the humidity presses down, suffocating. The scent of rain is dark and heady.

It wasn't just rain, it was a huge downpour. It was as if the rain is connected with my emotions.

The drops struck the already wet sidewalk, pitting the surface like they were bullets from above.

I scowled into the dark of almost noon, my mood a perfect mirror of the sky above.

I'm still mad about how Genos flirted with Fubuki-san as if it was something normal!

𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚜'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"That's Demon Cyborg, all right!"

"The Class S hero, Demon Cyborg!"

"Thank god!"

"There's a hero here!"

Hero? Class S hero? Demon Cyborg? Are they talking about me?

As much as I try to remember anything, I can't seem to recall a single thing.

"Oh ho...so you seek to challenge me?"

"N-No..." I stammered, raising my arm and facing the palm of my hand towards the creature.

"Thank goodness!"

"We're gonna be okay!"

"No...I'm not..." I whimpered, my body suddenly held a fighting stance. My body's doing it again...

"How foolhardy!" the creature laughs. After a brief moment of hesitation and fear, I decided to lure the creature away from the citizens.

That woman earlier...she called me...a hero. I need to get back to her...

I went back to the warehouse where I'd meet with the person who named me, 'Gunshot Genos', in the hopes that she would help me.

My eyes widened as I stared at the empty warehouse. I'm dead...I'm gone...there's nothing I can do.

"This is where you wish to be buried?" she proclaimed the warehouse to be my burial site and unleashes a sudden wail.

𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

She unleashes her Great Mountain Wail, knocking Genos off-balance and throwing him into the air.

She follows up with her Volcanic Shot, sending Genos flying into the wall, causing a huge dent on the wall.

"S-Someone help me..." Genos begged, not knowing what to do or who he really is.

"You want me to spare you?" she laughed, approaching my figure. A piece of my arm cracked and a small piece fell on the ground.