Chapter 21: A Wild Chase

We sat down, averting any suspicious looks thrown our way. 

"We want two servings of portion bread and some jogan fruits." I muttered to the Trandoshan bartender, who was busy serving alcoholic beverages to some dizzy customers.

"A'int no place faster then this." He grinned lopsidedly in return, his tongue coiling around his mouth. "How about I throw in a specialty two-for-one deal? Two deep-friend Numa legs, fresh an' good, for the price o' one."

"Hmmm, well-

"No thanks." Obi-Wan cut in. He nodded curtly at the bartender, who hissed annoyedly. As I was still contemplating the offer, a hooded figure with blonde hair casually strolled into the restaurant.

"An' what for you, pretty lil lady?" The server asked. "Something' expensive?"

"I'll take some bone broth and a loaf of portion bread." The figure replied coldly. "Make it quick; I hate waiting."

"Now ain't that a bit cheap? I'm sure you can order a lil more. If I was you, I'd get Numa legs, or-

"Shut it!" The figure growled. "Make the food snappy, or it's off with your head."

The bartender roared in laughter. The drunks around him giggled sheepishly as they downed another round of drinks.

"Now, why would I be scared of your pretty lil face?" He asked cheekily, clicking his tongue. "Ain't nobody scared of a puny young'un like-

Before he finished speaking, he clawed desperately at his throat as squeals of fear escaped his mouth. He slowly floated off the floor, and the figure had an outstretched hand, covered in bandages. 

"Is a certain Vezlyk Kos here?" She snarled. 

"B-b-back door, in the alleyway. He's got somethin' fierce, won't talk to nobody and wields his blaster all the time." He stuttered. "I wouldn't anger him if I was you." He pulled out a mug and poured some broth into it, then let some portion bread rise in a bowl before handing it to her.

 "Good." She chuckled slowly. "I have a surprise for him." She tossed him a few credits and walked quickly outside.

"Quick, follow her." I whispered hoarsely, beckoning to Obi-Wan. We watched as she opened the door and caustically greeted a male Zabrak bounty hunter.

"She's in the front." The figure hissed. I wanted to strangle her alive as I placed my ear against the door, which she shut abruptly. I placed my eyes against a small hole in the door to observe what was unfolding, and when the best time to strike was. 

"Dooku offers his thanks." The Zabrak smiled curtly. He raised a blaster to her head.  "He also offers this as a reward." 

"You're reckless, Vezlyk." She laughed heartlessly.

"And I also want my reward, Velakina." He placed his finger on the trigger. "The Count hates to pay such a vast sum. He prefers... a different payment."

Before he could shoot, the girl kicked the weapon out of Vezlyk's hands, then punched him, bewildered.

"Why would he betray me? He was supposed to repay me!" She cried venomously. I saw tears form in her eyes. "He said would give me a new life without anybody. Without Ahsoka, without the Council, and without my so-called parents!" 

"The Count doesn't make any promises to newbies like you." He taunted. "Not without certain repercussions."

She kicked and fought ferociously, distraught and unfocused because of her intense anger. I motioned to Obi-Wan.

This is it, old man. Let's get moving.

Brandishing both go our lightsabers, we sprang out of our hiding place and pounced on the two fighters.