Chapter 9: Beatdown

Anakin didn't know what to do. Why didn't his padawan want a medic? He was extremely confused. But, regardless, he loaded her into the transport ship and set her down on a stretcher, grabbing a roll of bandages with bacta on the underside. He tied it around her shoulder, catching a glimpse of a deep scar.

Strange, he thought. You don't normally get such clean and gruelling scars from weapons used in battle.

He pushed these thoughts to the back of his head. Right now, he needed to take care of his Padawan. He carefully adjusted the bandage, then rummaged around in the medicine cabinet.

"Aha!" He triumphantly pulled out several bottles of pills and greyish liquids. "This should help her cope with the amount of dust she inhaled, this should help her shoulder heal better, this should help her with trauma, this should make the medicine taste better, and--

"With all due respect sir, it's just a blaster wound." Kix said. 

Anakin looked at him, then Ahsoka. "Alright, I'll take out the painkillers. They can be too numbing at times." He admitted.

Captain Rex facepalmed and put the medicine back in the cabinet. "Kix'll take care of her, sir. She's in the right hands." 

The Jedi nodded. "Of course." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahsoka rubbed her eyes. The blinding white light hurt her sensitive Togruta pupils. She was on something nice and soft.

It's a... bed?

Why would she be on a bed in the middle of battle? She leapt up, but the pain that hit her shoulder caused her to fall back onto the comfortable mattress. Everything was so blurry... where was she?

"You're up!" Anakin exclaimed happily, handing her a glass of water. "You should rest. The explosion caused some minor injuries on your back." He set his hand on her shoulder. "I'm proud of you, Snips."

Ahsoka's chest swelled with pride. "Thank you, Master."

Anakin nodded, grinning, then left the Medbay. She lay back, contemplating how amazing it felt to be the Padawan of such a kind person. 

"Don't get too cocky, idiot." 

She shivered at the cold, airy voice. Kina.

"What do you want?" She asked nonchalantly, pleased at how cool and controlled her voice sounded. A sinister laugh echoed from the end of the room. 

"Oh, you know all too well." The blonde youngling appeared, smiling devilishly. "You don't deserve any of this, Ahsoka. Everyone knows that. Even my parents, those nitwits, know that Togrutas don't deserve anything."

Ahsoka was confused at the sudden rage that exploded from the girl- for the first time, not at her, but someone else. Her parents. Her lip quivered.

"Leave me alone." She said, petrified but unwilling to show it. "The only nitwit here is you."

The sparkly laugh echoed the room again.

"Only I deserve to be the Chosen One's padawan. Only I deserve to be the padawan of someone as high-ranking as Master Windu and Master Yoda, whom I also deserve." Kina's lip pressed together and formed a thin line of dissatisfaction. "You don't deserve anything."

She grabbed Ahsoka by the throat. The Togruta flared up in anger and kicked the girl in the stomach, sending her flying across the room.

"W-Why, you, you, you..." She sputtered, furious. She dragged Ahsoka by her sensitive mortals and flung her against a wall, then grabbed her arm, a look of venom in her eyes. Kina let her arms fly, and Ahsoka tried to resist the attacks of the much stronger girl. After a while, she gave up and left the room, coming back with her Twi'lek minion. 

"You've brought your little slave now, I see." Ahsoka spat indignantly with her remaining strength. Before she could fully process what was happening, she was met with a ferocious kick. She stood up angrily and blocked the Twi'lek's incoming punches. However, Kina joined in, making the match extremely unfair. A beating ensued.

"Goodbye, pathetic loser." Kina smiled coldly. "He'll find out someday..."

Ahsoka spent all her strength to pull herself to the bed, where she clenched her fists in desperation and anger. If she could, she would murder the girl.

She would have her revenge.