5

Aoi's POV

"Akane-san!"

I looked behind and saw a classmate of mine, Riyoda Moharu,  running towards me, her hands hugging tightly a blue folder filled with papers that I think are very important. I halted my steps and waited for the girl to catch up.

"Ah, hah... Thank you... for... stopping." She breathed heavily. She must have been running for a while just to see me.

"Do you need something, Moharu-san?" I asked as she just nodded. "Yes. I need you for this project that both of us were assigned."

Project? How? I can't really recall the time a teacher announced and assigned our class about it. My mind began to wonder on its own until Moharu-san called me once again.

"Ah? P..project? I really don't remember something like that earlier." I said. Moharu-san giggled and shook her said slowly. "You didn't pay attention, huh? It's okay! Also, your girl is paired up with Yamabuki-san so no need to worry for that."

My eyes instantly widen at the last sentence she blurted out. I covered half of my face and whispered to her, "I never told you about that! Even so, why would you say that so casually?"

"Akane-san... both of you are besties, right?" I can feel her little smirk. I can't stop blushing hard! I'm embarrassing my self so much right now! Moharu-san began laughing a little bit too loudly that the teacher who passed by shushed us.

"I don't want to mean it like that, haha! Let's go to the library because it's much quieter there. The teacher allowed everyone to work the whole afternoon! We also might get a chance to see sweet Yamabuki-san!" She squealed lowly and began to drag me with her.

Sometimes, I really do wonder. What the hell is wrong with me? Am I really spacing out that much these days? Do I need sleep? But I don't like sleeping a lot, it makes me weak.

I need Nene-chan's hug.

______

Two hours have passed and the project we are working on is a step closer to finish. I never really expect that working with Moharu-san is faster than I have experienced with other partners. It was peaceful, except at the part where she talks about random anime stuff out of nowhere.

Like right now.

"Hey, have you ever watched a show but later on forget the character's name except for the main character? Yeah, that's me with the show  Konosuba. It's frustrating to forget, right?!" She silently complaint.

Do most people who are extroverted act like this? I mean, what's an extrovert if they don't talk much and can casually talk to strangers as if they were pals? Makes sense.

"Hey Akane-san?"

I hummed in response. "Do you think Nene-chan is in to girls?" She asked.

I froze on my seat and stared blankly at the table, trying to process the thing Moharu-san just said. That's a question I'm also asking everyday that still haven't been answered yet even though the answer is clear and can shove in to my face everyday.

"I..."

"Don't pressure yourself about that thought, Akane-san." She started. She tied her brown hair in to a messy ponytail and moved her seat closer to mine. "You shouldn't be sure about what pops in your head so randomly. For example, Minamoto-senpai. Though he is that one hot,popular guy in school, he looks like he is not interested in girls, right?"

I furrowed my eyebrows at her remark. "What do you mean? He said he is in to girls." I added and Moharu-san nodded. "That's correct! He just looks like he is not, but he is. Same goes to Yashiro-san. She looks like she is in to guys, but look at her, pushing away alot of boys, especially Yugi-kun. The older twin, not the younger."

My cheeks and chest began on heating up at our conversation. "Ofcourse, don't put your hopes up too high because  hanging on to too much of that hope," Moharu-san then grabs my shoulder and made a small-sized sign with her hands before ending her line. "This is the amount of chances of actually winning one. Just an average dose of hope everyday and it'll be okay!".

I smiled and patted her shoulders. "Thank you for the advice, Moharu-san. I never knew I needed that so much." I thanked her. She just chuckled and closes her book. "That's it for today. If you need something gay, I'm ready to help. Also, I'll be the one to submit the project tomorrow."

As we both stood up, we bid our goodbyes and parted ways for today. As I walk closer back to the classroom, Moharu-san's advice kept in lingering in my head, but it didn't bothered me that much. It was more like a reminder for me.

But even word after word, a question will always follow it. Why is it hard to think positively in loving someone?

________

I know many is going to get confused with the names but I'm using the <First Name> <Last name> order, like most countries, so yeah, I'm not following the  East Asian order of name.

Have a good day dearyyy~