In laws

A

A

fter a long sleep Yibo wake up. He yawned and looked around.  “ Oh I'm not in my home.”  He get up from the bed and examined the room. There are so many pictures of Zhan placed on the wall. 

“ He's so cute in these photos ”. 

He stood in front of a big photo were Zhan is smiling brightly

He stood in front of a big photo were Zhan is smiling brightly.  “ You know to smile like this? ” 

‘ knock ’ ‘ knock ’

“ Son ”. He heard Mrs. Xiao's voice. He opened the door and smiled. 

“ Dinner is ready, come down. I made your favourite foods. ” She said excitedly. 

“ Really?  You are so good to me auntie. ” He hugged her. 

“ No auntie, call me mom. ” She slapped his arms lightly. “ Ouch, it hurts mom. ” He pouted. 

“ Aww my baby is so cute. ” She pinched his cheeks and asked “ Where is Zhan?  Is he still sleeping? ”

“ Umm..  He is not here. ” He said rubbing his nape nervously. 

'Click'

Zhan opened the door and saw them. Seeing Zhan coming out from that particular room  she glared at him.  He hung his head low. This didn't go unnoticed by Yibo. She smiled to Yibo and said “ Come fast you both, otherwise food will become cold.”  She looked at Zhan one more time and left. 

They both stared at each other.  Zhan averted his eyes from the latter and said “You must be hungry, come ”

Yibo nodded and followed him. 

“ Are you okay now son? ”  Mr. Xiao asked.  
“ Yes Dad. I'm good. ”  Yibo smiled and all of them sat down. They started to eat dinner. Mrs. Xiao served a lot of food to her son in law. And he praised  the delicious food. 

“Ahem ”Mr. Xiao Zheng cleared his throat.
“ Boys,  there will be a party within two days. Wang Jun called me and we decided. Your NO will not be accepted. And party will be held in Wang Mansion. ”

“But dad” 

“No but zhan It's decided. ” Mrs. Xiao said cutting him.  

“ Don't worry about company zhan, I can manage. You take leave for some more days. You can start work when you both shift to the new apartment. ” Mr. Xiao said to Zhan and motioned to finish their food.

Zhan is in the garden watching the shining stars in the night sky. 

“  Did they give you the answer for your questions? ” 

He looked at the source of sound and found his father smiling at him. He smiled and shake his head. 

“ Time will answer you son. Time will heal you. ”

He again looked at the sky. “ Remember one thing, you are a husband now. You have a partner. He's your responsibility and you are his. He's your present and future.”

He nodded his head. “ Now go and sleep. It's enough for today ”

He hugged his father “ Sleep well dad.”  He went to his room.

Zheng closed his eyes and said “ Give him the strength to move on from the past and live a happy life. ”

Zhan came to the room to sleep but someone already slept in his bed and placed all pillows around him to not allow anyone to sleep in the  bed. Seeing this he rolled his eyes and go to take a blanket for him.
“ This kid really? Sleeping in my bed as he own this. ” He murmured.

He sat in the couch and looked t at the sleeping beauty. “ Dad, you must see your responsible  son in law. Sleeping like a pig. I have a lot of patience now so you are lucky. Otherwise you will be in the floor hmmph. ” He said in a low voice. 

He lay down and closed his eyes. “ Hope I can sleep atleast today because of the tiredness. ”

Slowly Yibo opened his eyes and peeked at where zhan is sleeping. ‘ You are not allowed to sleep in bed okay. Couch is all yours. So sleep well husband. ’ He said in his mind and went to his dreamland.

_______________________

I'm so sorry, I kept you wait for so many days. I have some personal problems and health issues. That's why I can't update these days.

This is a rushed chapter. So here will be a lot mistakes. Please forgive me. And I know this is a boring chapter. I will try to make it interesting.

Thank you for taking your time to read my story.
Thank you for your votes and comments ❤

Love you all. Take care