Dinner

When Yibo came to the room, Zhan is in deep thoughts. Seems like something is bothering him.

“ I thought you are sleeping. ” Yibo said. Zhan flinched when he heard the other's voice.

“ Are you okay? ”  Yibo asked. Zhan looked at him. His face shows genuine concern. He nodded and went to bathroom.

“ I said you are a great cook. So ma is waiting for you to cook dinner together. ” He smiled sheepishly. Zhan glared at him.

“ Don't waste time old man. You going to disappoint your mother in law. ”  Saying so he took his mobile and ran to living room. Zhan sighed. After a quick bath  Zhan went to the kitchen to see his mother in law almost finished cooking dinner.

“ Five more minutes dinner is ready. ” She smiled at him.

“ I'm sorry I took more time even though i know you were waiting for me. ” He said.
She looked at him baffled.
“ Why should I ? ” He blinked.

“ But Yibo said.. ”  That's when he understood Yibo made fun of him.

“ Oh this boy ! ” Mrs. Wang shake her head. Zhan  scratched his nape in embarrassment.

“ Did he trouble you too much ? ”  She asked.
“ Should I say truth ? ”  He asked with a smile.
“ As you wish. ” She turned off the stove.

“ Of course he did. But it's a good thing that you already give me a warning. ” She laughed. “ But my boy is not that bad. "

“I know.  He doesn't like being ignored. Troubling me will result in a fight and he feels satisfied. He needs attention always. This is what I think. ” He looked at her. She gave a satisfied smile.

“ Yeah such an attention seeker.”  She said.
“ When i decided his marriage with you i was confident that you are perfect for him. And now I'm glad, I made the correct desicion. ” He gave a faint smile.

“ Call dad and Yibo. I will serve the food. ” He nodded and went to call them. They all sat down and started to eat the delicious food cooked by Mrs. Wang.

“ Don't you guys have any endearment for each other ?

Hearing this Zhan choked on his food. Yibo pour some water and gave it to him. Zhan thanked him and hung his head down not want to see Mrs. Wang. 

‘ Oh god please help us ’ They both thought.

“ May be they are shy infront of us. ”  Mr. Wang said.

“ Hihi, yeah  Zhan is not comfortable to call me baby infront of you. ”   Yibo thanked his dad in his mind. 

“ Aww he call you baby.  ” Mrs. Wang squealed.

‘ Baby ? When ? How ’ Zhan glared at Yibo. But he sat there like zhan is invisible. Yibo didn't looked at his side.  He sighed. He can't blame Yibo though.

“ Don't be shy. Call him whatever you like. Think that we are not here. ” She grinned.

“ But can you call him baby for once please ” She blinked her eyes few times.

‘ Is she trying to look cute ? ’ Yibo rolled his eyes. Mr. Wang sighed. He is done with his fujoshi  wife's behaviour. Zhan gulped and looked at yibo for help.

“ Ma, don't force him. You are making him uncomfortable. ”

“ But- ”

“ No buts. Let him eat ma ” She pouted.
“ He's so caring ” Mr. Wang whispered to her. “ She nodded and hide her smile.
‘ God please don't let her ask anything.’ Yibo prayed inwardly.

*****

"Yeah. I will inform you."

" Okay. Then it is confirmed." Zhan cut the call and stared to the busy road . He slowly hold the railing of  balcony. He closed his eyes.

" 𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 ?"
"  𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜 𝚣𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚣𝚑𝚊𝚗."

Zhan can hear his voice clearly. Even after all these years, memories of him are vivid. It hurts. Zhan placed his right hand on his heart and slowly patted.

"It is okay " he mumbled.

" Zhan " he turned to see Mr. Wang standing behind him.

" Yes dad ."

" Come let's have some talk" he smiled and walked to the living room.

Zhan who followed him to the living room suddenly stopped on his track . ' God why ?' He thought.

Mr. Wang is waiting for him with a new bottle of 𝗪𝗵𝗶𝘀𝗸𝗲𝘆.

____________

I'm sorry again. Without any shame I'm asking your forgiveness 😶 So many of you may have already forgot the story now.

This chapter have a lot and lot grammatical mistakes.
It's my last semester and I don't know when will i update next one 😢🙂
I will try to update soon.
Thank you for your support ❤️💚