8: A weapon

As I reached the railing I threw my hands on the railing to stop me fully going over, my stomach smashed against the cold metal but it didn't bother me. I was focused on trying to have a panic attack my second day of school. I was horrified and embarrassed and just cried as I looked down upon the rest of a castle from my height. It was as if everything was in slow motion.

"Haven't learnt our lesson have we?" I heard from behind and I knew exactly who it was.

Sighing, I wiped my tears and faced him.

"Not the time Riddle" he stood with an inquisitive expression on his face, looking me up and down.

"Ah, run into a problem on your second day?" He scoffed walking closer to me.

"You have no idea" I said turning back to my original spot looking over the day sky.

"What was it, Mudblood friends didn't like your hair today" he mimicked with a pouty face.

"Your funny" I replied sarcastically.

He moved a step closer to me, touching some untied hair. I felt his breath on my neck and the goosebumps took over my body. I stood up straighter taking in a deep inhale which screamed in the silence. He wrapped the strand around his finger and pulled slightly making me wince.

"I don't blame them" he smirked removing his finger.

I tried not to look at him but he caught my peripheral vision leading me to turn my whole face and meet his eyes. They glistened in the sun and his hair was a lighter brown as it reflected the light. He looked almost angelic. Juxtaposing his eyes as I searched them for some redeeming quality or hope, nothing just pure wickedness.

"Y/n?"

I was pulled out of my search to a soft voice from behind, there stood George in a silhouette of light and looking concerned.

Riddle chuckled, looking at George and back at me.

"Yeh, I'm not here for this" and he strutted in George's direction, both death staring each other as he left. He was marginally smaller than George but that didn't seem to bother him.

"What were you doing up here with Matteo?" George questioned with soft eyes as he walked up to me.

"That's his name?" I questioned. "Nothing special, he just likes to claim this place as his own" I said.

"Yeh, he's had news Riddle, you know about his dad, I'd stay away from him if I were you" he'd now moved closer to me replanting Matteo.

I smiled softly at him and he tilted his head looking into my eyes. I avoided eye contact as I remembered the face he made.

"You must think I'm a freak, I saw your face, I saw everyone's but I'm sorry I don't know what happened, I don't know what's going on I've been here for two days and am absolutely lost, I don't fit in here I"-

I was cut off by his hand on my chin. I turned my face so I was forced to look at him, the sun now reflecting of his face, brightening his orange hair and highlighting his auburn freckles dotting his nose and cheeks.

"I don't think you're a freak y/n" the use of my name made my heart flutter 5 times faster, it was a simple yet effective gesture, something we need more of in life.

He wiped my tears that dripped from my eyes onto my cheeks, his hands surprisingly warm and big I mean damn he could practically hold my whole face with one.

"Thankyou" I whispered with a smile.

This prompted his another hand to snake around my waist and I knew exactly what was coming. My stomach filled with butterflies. He smiled at me as if to ask if it was ok, and I leaned in with agreement.