5. Give Me Love

Give me love like her

Cause lately I’ve been waking up alone

Pain splattered teardrops on my shirt

Told you I’d let them go

Jason

            It had been almost a month since I’d seen my mate. It had started to hurt me to be away from her, but I knew that it would happen sooner or later. I knew only a couple of things about the mating process, some things my father had taught me before he was killed. I just hoped that it would be enough for me.

            Alice, Joi, Adam and I were about 100 miles away from Aurora, the town that Harley lived in, and every mile had killed me. We were living outside of a town that was a whole lot bigger and the kids didn’t especially like it. The game here was a little harder to catch and there were more people and other dangers to look out for here. But this town had no werewolves, which was important part.

But I was here because I needed money and for that I needed bars. I earned my money by either hustling it out of people at bars or working for it in small shops or doing odd jobs. That’s what I was doing now, I working at a small barbershop where the owner paid me directly and didn’t care where I lived. A couple of nights a week I would go hustle pool at the local bar. It was working perfectly. I had already saved up enough to stay in a hotel the next town we stopped in.

            The kids however, didn’t really have much to do. Which isn’t really different from anywhere else we stayed but usually when we lived in town or close to a town, they could have some more fun. But this town was a little rough, there weren’t too many parks to play in, and according to the girls, the cute boys were lacking. Man I was not ready for Joi or Adam to hit puberty. Having Alice was hard enough.

            I had just gotten off of work and was on my way to the campsite when I decided to stop for food. I was waiting for my food when Harley assaulted my mind.

            This happened every now and then, my whole being reverted back to my time with her. I could smell her, see her, and feel her hair on my skin. It was terrible and beautiful at the same time. Her lips were on my skin and my lips were on her neck and the same time they weren’t, and it hurt so much.

            “Sir.” I came out of my daydream and looked at the person trying to hand me my food.

            “Oh, I’m sorry.” I took the food and left quickly.  I hightailed it back to our campsite, knowing they would be angry because I was late and even worse if their food was cold. It took ten more minuets for me to get home but when I did they were happy to see me.

            “Jason!” Joi and Adam ran up to me, Joi grabbing the food from my hands.

            “Hey guys, were you two good today?” I asked them while looking around for Alice. She was never far off while I was away.