iii

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 03] ¡! ❞🚬

EVA HUMMED SOFTLY TO HERSELF, delicately swaying through her little kitchen packed into the back of her home, still partially cluttered with boxes she had yet to unpack. The stove was hot, gas lit flames cooking her dinner for tonight. Lemon pepper chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, as well as some green beans cooked with onions and bacon, all her mother's recipe of course.

It had been a day since she last saw him, her mysterious stranger, though, he wasn't much mysterious any more. And as much as she thought about him, she opted to stay far, far away from him for her own safety. He didn't seem to want her around anyway, talking about how it was too dangerous for her to be near him. Which- he wasn't wrong. Eva would heed his warning because as nonsensical some of her choices may be, she wasn't suicidal.

So now Eva was living her best life, cooking and baking her heart away, coming to quickly forget her scarring experience even if it was just for a moment.

But of course, it couldn't leave her alone, coming right back to her in the form of a short, yet fim knock on her front door. There was a purpose to it. They weren't knocking for just any little thing.

Eva stilled and anxiety filled every vein contained in her body. Who was that? She hadn't given her address to anyone. Was it one of those gang members? She hadn't told anyone anything.

Melting in dread, another knock came to the door, scaring her even further. Should she grab a pan? She didn't have any other weapon in her house? She should have taken her father's advice and invest in a baseball bat.

"Eva, it's Yoongi!" The familiar disgruntled voice called through the door. Eva let out a sigh of relief. Good, she wasn't about to die.

Hopefully. The possibility wasn't zero.

Eva cleared her throat and walked out of the kitchen, still debating on whether she should answer the door at all. What if he did come here to kill her? What then? She got up on her toes and looked through the peephole. Sure enough, there stood the white-haired man, leaning on the guardrail on her elevated porch with a cigarette between his lips and her Tupperware container under his arm.

Eva unlocked the door and tugged it open, capturing Yoongi's attention. His cat like eyes briefly wide as he stood up straight and took his cigarette from his mouth. As he approached, he blew the smoke, letting it pass his rosette lips and dance through the air before vaporizing into the void of nothing. The sun was setting behind him, painting the sky a beautiful mix of clementine and pink lemonade which meld into each other that there is no distinguishing where one fades into the other. His white hair makes a cloud against that sky, soft and fluffy looking like fog, a cloud that had come to greet the world.

"Uhm- Yoongi." Eva smiled nervously glancing around outside to make sure there was no one on the sidewalk. "What are you doing here? More importantly, how'd you get my address?" That's what she was most concerned about. What if someone followed him?