xxiii

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 23] ¡! ❞🚬

YOONGI'S NEVER BEEN ONE TO PUT LABELS ON THINGS. It confuses things in his opinion, forces them to exist within the box he had confined them in by such label. He preferred to let things just exist as they are. Some people and situations are too complex for them to be categorized into one thing. Maybe because he wouldn't want anyone to label him the way he may label himself. Bad luck, bad news, a bad person.

So when it came to what he and Eva had going on, Yoongi also chose not to label that. They kiss, they cuddle (even though Yoongi pretends to hate it, he loves it more than anything), and he was trying to quit smoking for her. If that doesn't scream "this is something serious", he wouldn't know what does. He can tell Eva was eager to make something of it though. She wants to mean something more than just a friend to him and she does. Eva couldn't qualify as a friend even in the slightest unless he's suddenly kissing the homies goodnight now.

"I just wanna know who I am to you now, y'know?" She shrugs white biting into a strawberry. They had spent most of their early morning cleaning up glass and trying to find something to cover the shattered window. Is a relationship not what he wants? Were they meant to be something else? "Like- how would you introduce me to other people?" That's what matters most, no? Not how he addresses her but how he talks about her to other people.

Yoongi knew exactly how he'd introduce her. "This is my girl. If you touch her, I will kill you." Easy, simple, straight to the point. There's no reason for them to know her name. All they need to know is who she's with and what will happen if they choose to act like a damn fool.

"I'm your girl?" A smile tugged at her lips, proud of the idea that he thought she was his. Eva knew that Yoongi wasn't the most expressive person in the world. He didn't like feeling vulnerable around people, but that didn't mean he didn't care. Yoongi probably cared more than most. Her grin only widened seeing the way he blushed. White was replaced with rosy red of embarrassment. "If you wanna be."

See, he can never say things out loud. Yoongi would rather work his way around it, show it rather than say it because, at the end of the day, words don't mean much beyond what we choose them to mean. Actions are the only things that truly mean anything, the only thing that physically affects the world regardless of whether humans give that action meaning or not.

Eva takes his face into her hands and kisses him. He's always so timid when they kiss, taking a moment to match her level of intensity. Her lips taste like strawberries and the tea she's been sipping on all morning. On the contrary, his lips are stained with the bitter taste of the black coffee he's been drinking. Strawberries, milk, and honey, all combined with the warm scent of her vanilla perfume leave Yoongi delirious with adoration. "If this is your way of asking me to be your girlfriend then yes, Yoongi, I'd love to be your girl." She grabbed a strawberry from the cart as she parted her lips from his and replaced them with the fruit. He lets her feed him because she seems to like it and what Eva likes, Yoongi loves.