xxx

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 30] ¡! ❞🚬

YOONGI MANAGED TO get the job. It was by the skin of his teeth and through an insane amount of luck. He had decided to be very straightforward and upfront with her. He has a criminal record, he's trying to get out of a really bad situation, and he doesn't have much experience. Because he figured if he didn't tell her now, they'd eventually find out anyways. Better to hear it from your hire.

The owner, a woman by a name of, Riley, was very sympathetic of Yoongi's situation. She also had a criminal record and it wasn't often that someone took a chance on people like that. She said that it was alright that he didn't have too much training, he could be taught in job.

And just because of mere pity, he got the job. It was a very pausing moment for Yoongi. He was excited and anxious. A real job. Money that wasn't covered in blood and drugs, nothing he had to feel guilty about (that is if he ever did in the first place).

Eva was beyond happy and proud of him. She made that very clear. And for the first time, Yoongi is proud of himself as well. He's got a loving girlfriend, a real job, and is bettering himself.

Yeonsoo would be proud.

The couple tended to fall into a routine over the days. Yoongi will drop Eva off at work and then go to work himself. The drive was long and tedious but he was compensated by the pleasant work atmosphere and the happiness that he felt for having a normal life. He'd get off, pick up Eva on the way, and they'd go home together. Nice and simple. Normal and average. Everything he's ever wanted.

Yoongi's had 3 co-workers in total. There was Riley, his boss, Jackson, this huge white man with the greatest greying beard Yoongi had ever seen, and Jungkook, who was pretty young for someone who worked at a tattoo shop. His right arm was covered it a sleeve of pretty cool tattoos. Lucky for Yoongi, he was also Korean, offering a bit of comradery before they even really knew each other.

Jungkook reminded Yoongi much of Hoseok without the whole, grim gang member aspect. He was energetic and bright-eyed, looking at the world as if it were his oyster. Yoongi wasn't going to be the one to tell him that it wasn't. Didn't want to be an asshole. Jungkook also had a very unique and noticeable smile, one that oddly resembled a bunny.

Riley calls him "bunny boy".

A lot of people hate routine, it becomes boring for them. They strive to have something more, something exciting, something more meaningful, but Yoongi loved this routine. He loved plain, he loved simple, he loved not dangerous even in the slightest. Maybe it was because of the lack of routine and stability in his childhood. Watching his mom and Yeonsoo fight, running away and skipping school, the very sudden death of his brother that left him in shambles.

Routine is safe, it's normal. All he wanted was to feel normal. He just wanted to move on with his life with the new soul of his life, the new center to his universe he could simply revolve around.