xxv

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 25] ¡! ❞🚬

YOONGI SITS AT HIS NORMAL PARK TABLE ALONE, scratching at his arm where he normally puts his nicotine patches. He had to apply it somewhere else each time he found out that putting it in the same place every single time can cause irritation. Eva bought him more expensive ones to help, which was appreciated though he wasn't the biggest fan of her spending money on him.

Some people come up to him, asking if he has a cigarette because he normally always has at least one on his person at a times, but not anymore. Each time, he shakes his head and says, "Nah, I'm quitting for my girl." Not a single cigarette to be found on him. He hasn't touched one for a little over two weeks.

Some even made fun of Yoongi, talking about how whipped he was for that dainty little girl who knew nothing about nothing. They noticed that Yoongi's nails were painted in a new, shiny coat of black nail polish and were rolling. It wasn't his fault, Eva wanted to paint his nails and at first, he refused. "Fuck no."

She batted her eyelashes at him. Didn't even say a word and he fucking folded. He let her paint his nails black and was rightfully rewarded with many, many kisses across his face.

Either way, Yoongi wasn't that embarrassed. It was just a bunch of brotherly teasing. He's heard it for years. It was nothing more than that.

Yoongi would text Eva every so often to make sure she was okay. The anxiety of when he left her alone skyrocketed through the roof. Something could happen and he wouldn't be able to protect her. But he had to keep up appearances and rear his ugly head around so people didn't get suspicious. Yoongi was never really all that active with the rest of them but never before has he been so detached from them, more concerned with his girlfriend rather than them.

Eventually, he couldn't take the anxiety anymore and made his way back to Eva's house to come get her and bring her with him. It would be easier to protect her if she was right beside him. She had just finished baking donut holes so she decided to bring them with her to take to Yoongi's "friends" as she put it.

She was far too innocent for her own good. You may think it sounds like a stupid idea to bring her to where all the dangerous men congregated but it was the only way Yoongi could keep an eye on her and make sure nothing happens.

"You know, you're very cute when you're protective," Eva tells him as they walk back to the park. Under her right arm, she has her Tupperware container tucked. Every little thing Yoongi did around her was to increase her chances of being safe. He walked on the outside beside the street, always with his arm over her shoulders so that he was slightly beside her. She was none the wiser.

Yoongi has no choice but to be protective. Everything else dear to him has been taken at some point so it's only natural for him to be possessive.

"How is it cute?" He asks with genuine confusion. He didn't see anything cute about constantly being on the edge, stressing over if today might be the last day they see each other. Eva shrugs. "I don't know. It's just cute to see you care so much about lil' ol' me. It's very flattering."