xxvi

↳ ❝🍓 [chapter 26] ¡! ❞🚬

LEAVING.

Yoongi's actually considering leaving. He never thought it was possible, still doesn't in a way. But it was worth a shot, worth trying so that maybe he can keep Eva safe. It's better than staying like this indefinitely, living in a constant state of fear that one day Trey might fucking snap and kill her. It's better to take the slim chance that maybe they'll get out of here than stay and wait for the day Trey gets bored and needs to entertainment.

There was much more at risk than just hia safety. He's risking Eva's safety, Hoseok's but he could surely hold his own. His parents lived just outside of the city. People who want to get out usually have absolutely nothing to lose. This was their last hurrah before they just curl up and die.

Not Yoongi. No, he had absolutely everything to lose. His everything was right here, standing in the kitchen making dinner with a pleasant hum coming from her throat.

"What's got you all worked up now?" Eva asks, noticing how unusually affectionate he's being. Yoongi wasn't distant by any means but it's not like him to do something like this. He came and wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her from behind with his body pressed against her back and his chin on her shoulder.

"I'm thinking about leaving the gang."

Eva jumps, whipping around to look at him. Her chocolate eyes were swarmed with a whirlpool of confusion and joy. It seems he's on a roll with this whole "bettering himself" thing. But she doesn't know he's not doing it for himself. He's doing it for her, everything is for her. "Really?" When she saw the look in Yoongi's eyes, for the first time he looked scared and hopeless. Her expression turned to one of concern.

"That's really good, Yoon...but what made you come to this decision?" She holds his hand and feels his fingers tighten around hers.

Yoongi looks down at their hands, dragging his thumb across her knuckles and over the gold band around her right finger. "I just don't want to keep putting your life in danger like this. You don't deserve to have to look over your shoulder. I don't want to look over my own shoulder for the rest of my life. I want us to be safe and happy." He looks back up at her. "I'd do anything to keep you safe and that's why I have to do this."

"But what about you? Is this safe for you to do?" Eva asks him. "I don't want you to risk your life."

"My life is already at risk and so is yours!" Yoongi exclaims. His cat-ish eyes are wide with desperation. "If I don't try I'll surely die and I can't guarantee your safety either. I can't have you in danger." He cups her cheeks in his hands. "Do you know how much it kills me to know I can never ensure your safety? That one wrong move and I won't have you here with me anymore? I'd die, angel."

Eva sighs. There's nothing she can do to turn him away from this. He was doing this for them. The most she can do is support him and make sure he doesn't die along the way. She'll be right here to patch and kiss his wounds, even if they're fatal.