🔱 Prologue 🔱

❦ ~ ~ ~ ❦

History flashes, It comes back to life

❦ _______________ ❦

She stood before the mirror, turning her body left and right to examine herself from all angles. The dress with a hood she wore would match her along the shadows if an opportunity of hiding herself shows itself. She didn't think she'd ever worn a dress for the plan of her mother to run from something - it even came close to the ones Youngbin had worn in order to hide himself from time to time in the public of the Slovane kingdom. It is one of the strongest among the land of Uria, rich with the power of their knights and squires in training.

Despite of their power, however, they can never trample the force of the neighboring kingdom which is bigger in size and population, the domain of Ilrien where it was more famous even to the prowess of the battles their ruler has repeatedly won, and it is the great King Changmin.

She heard the door shut behind her and briefly caught the glimpse of the young man she grew up with. She turned around and almost stilled at her breath as she laid her eyes on Youngbin. The kind of sight that would earn every single young ladies's attention at his heart-wrenching beauty and she is the lucky woman that he chose over everything else.

They observed each other from across the room, and they couldn't but give each other a smile, both of it quite wary to the kind of the journey they will venture upon. The risk is big for everyone, but it is the only way.

Youngbin placed his hands on his satchel and looked her over. "You know, if we managed to get out of there without missing anyone, I can consider you as my only Queen once we met him"

She laughed. "A promise is a promise"

He began moving towards her, each step causing a rhythmic synchronization in her chest. "We certainly will be a pair", he said smoothly. "A future king and the trainer of my knights"

"We can be stronger than Ilrien, I can see that", she agreed, slowly going inside his embrace. "With you and our friends"

She hesitated for a moment - weighing her options. Should they risk it? Should they risk passing through the most dangerous forest of the Uria to find the answers? Should she risk bringing him wih her, the young man who had given his everything to her all those years ago?

As her mind spun her thoughts, she recalls one of his friends, Jongseong - he had been subtly showing his feelings to her and she had kept a very attentive watch on him all the time. She stil remembered the way his eyes flickered open to her when she playfully pulled on his hair, his head on her lap and acting like he was only a friend. But she didn't said anything.

She still hadn't admitted to him that it was her who had sent him a letter. She still hadn't admitted that if only she met him first, it would've been him. Her choice.

Instead as she prepares to leave Slovane for good, she reached for Youngbin, her skin beginning to tingle at the thought of being his future.

"What do you think our friends would say at our departure?", she asked, fighting to keep her voice as calm as possible.

He looked down at his foot uncertainly, then back up to her eyes, those brown eyes probing, pushing for him. "You think of him, don't you?", he said softly. "You're the one among us who doesn't want to hurt him"