🔱 Squires of Slovane 🔱

❦ ___________________ ❦

"Take care out there", said the Prince of Slovane as he and all his knights men watched Jong Seon, Sunoo, Sunghoon and Geonu readied their horses outside the causeway of the Castle.

"And take back our jewel safe and sound", the General Knight named Seon reminded them with a serious expression helping up Jong Seong in his horse, full of provisions and a letter for King Chang Min from them.

"You could rely on us to do it perfectly, General and Majesty", replied Jong Seong wearing his trademark smile. The one full of determination, ready to face anything that may come in their way.

"Perhaps you could let us take more men?", Sunoo suggested looking around his friends and to the other knights who were telling them to take care or said hello to her for them.

"The destination we were going is not a place to be trifled with"

"As much as I want to, we could not send more", the Prince said regretfully. "We were only sending you as messengers, not as warriors", he was hiding the uncertainty he felt for their journey.

What if like her, they would disappear and not return for good?

"They will be fine without you worrying for them, Majesty. Besides, did you think that girl would let them be in danger?", General Seon muttered after he step back from the horses and returned to his side.

By now, the four squires were all sadled up properly in their horses and they were all left taking a one last glance to their comrades, friends and yes, the stone building they already treated like a home.

"Well then, just let me be concern at our own friends. This was a journey where we will not be with them. Unlike last time", the Prince shrugged, looking up with a smile as their four friends started to canter away from their sight.

"But surely as I'ved said, the four of them will be safer now that the Crown Prince of Ilrien is no more?", Seon pointed out, smiling proudly the way Sunoo and Jong Seong waved happily at them like they were just going out for a walk or much better, they imagine they were on a parade.

They act like it's not on another Kingdom which is a three days journey away from their own nation. At the same time, Sunghoon and Geonu nodded to them as their silent goodbye, for now.

"You, my dear friend, has a way with your words and it pleases me how you were so concern to the four, but well, let's just assume enough that they will return bringing nothing but good news..", the Prince replied, the coldness of his voice revealing that he would not argue further.

Still, General Seon could not be stopped by being happy at his friend's departure to get her back. "Go safely my friends. Return her back to make our worn out Majesty happy again like a bright sun!", he shouted, making all the knights around them smiled when he runs up following his friends.

Their smile widens as another popular figure appears and stand next to Prince who looked at her with a soft gaze.

"Be careful out there, squires! You will be missed and greatly awarded at your return!", Princess Soojung shouted waving her hand in farewell to the four who regards her with a gracious nods.

"Farewell!" They all called in unison as the four squires now urged their horses into a gallop as they reached the open gates of the wall protecting Slovane from the outsiders.