🔱 Sweet Disposition 🔱

❦ _________________ ❦

A day had passed since the Princess of Ilrien was almost killed exactly right in front of her own people at the date of the day she was born.

The fact that she was poisoned had brought much anxiety and fear to the people suspecting her own stepbrother who was in the dungeons was behind this. Enraged by this conspiracy and the near death of the sole heir in the throne, King Chang Min had ordered every royal guards in the lead of Heeseung to search every single person that had been there the previous night.

No one is allowed to visit in the Palace until the suspect of the crime is still not found.

When he was done with his orders, King Chang Min ended up spending the whole day and night by Y/N's side, who was still unconscious and was nurse back to health.

The sight of her fainting with a blood on her mouth had shaked him up, scaring him a lot that another one of his family would leave him and he was scared to be left alone in this world especially now Y/N is the only thing his true love had left for him.

Leaving her room to meet someone, he ordered for the others to only allow the royal guards to enter and stepped out to get inside the other room which was next to hers.

"Why did you call for me, Your Majesty?", Heeseung politely asked, lowering his head in respect when the King of Ilrien entered the room where he is summoned. "I'm sorry for what has happened to her"

"Come. Follow me", King Chang Min clearly ordered of him, so he followed him out his room and was shell shocked to be leaded where some royal physician placed a damp cloth at Y/N's forehead who all scrambled away at the King's wave. They closed the doors as well as their duty.

The King takes a seat on the edge of his daughter's bed who was sleeping peacefully and now safe, watching her with concern before he looked back to Heeseung.

Remembering his manners, Heeseung bowed deeply and said his apologies again. He's wondering why he is called here at the same time.

King Chang Min stood up, eyes directly on his for a second. Crossing the room quickly, he closed the shutters of the window and gestured for Heeseung to take a seat in the table under the shade.

"Heeseung, please take a sit", The King says as one of the maid appeared bringing tea and started pouring in small teacups. "I have a few things I would like to speak to you regarding the accident", He said eyeing the guard of his daughter who quickly takes a seat before him.

"Your Majesty, allow me to-", Heeseung was interrupted by King Chang Min's disapproving looks and sheepishly decided to settle back in his seat never knowing what gonna happen next.

"No, you are not here to be ranted or shouted at", King Chang Min started, observing him. "Please don't think I called you here for a punishment. I called for you here to say my gratitude for saving her. If it wasn't for your quick-thinking and you racing her body to help, she would have died on the spot right there in front of everyone"

Heeseung's face fell as he recalled what happened the night before.

Thank goodness of him practically running his fastest pace at the fear of losing her had brought her right on time at the hands of the royal physicians and it had saved her before the poison could fully consumed her.