🔱 Peace Before The Storm 🔱

❦ ________________ ❦

The ride of Ilrien soldiers with the King and the Princess was tedious and quiet as they were finally out of the kingdom's protected walls meeting the green plains outside. All of them who rode with weapons on their side seemed to be filled with the grim sense of purpose.

Y/N let her eyes roamed over the faces of those around her as she could feel the fear in the air and the cold wind of the night make it harder for them as the first line of soldiers rode in the front, lighting lamps in their hands to see the rough road before them.

After two hours, the troops reached a large clearing in the middle of the forest where they slowed the hundred tired horses. Soldiers called out to each other, readying the tents from their crates they brought and waved to the King when he passed by with his horse. They will be staying here for tonight to rest and go forward the next day as the village were too far from Ilrien which Heeseung said to Y/N can be seen as a small Kingdom for its wide scope of lands.

"Master Sook, how's the village faring?"

"The families there were trapped in their own houses and were trying to dig under to escape"

"Will we be on time to save as many as we can?"

"We will see, Majesty"

"Why did they attack that village from all of the places?"

"From what I heard, that's where some of the rebels grew up as slaves to some noble families"

The situation didn't look good, Y/N
thought as she imagined how many families were scared for their own lives now in that village. She erased the image of some child crying while watching their parents being killed in front of them as she followed Heeseung's horse to lead her into a tent where she is designated to sleep.

They reached the center of the busy soldiers preparing the King's tent where from beside it, there's a smaller tent where Heeseung jumped down from his horse and helped her down on hers before he was called by Chunseok. The four squires was behind them, looking around as they spotted Leeteuk waving to them to come in their own tent.

"I really can't believe it. This is practically the life in the middle of war", Jong Seong commented, couldn't helping himself from watching the soldiers build up tents, fire pits and the horses were all positioned before the tents of their owners.

"Is this what Seon are readying us up when we were learning from him in the training hall back in Slovane?", Sunghoon inquired from Y/N who came to stand with them as their eyes scanned the slowly turning up camp.

"Yes. I think this could be your chance to experience this and learned in doing so. In that way, you could teach it back to the others there", she replied, smiling a little from Leeteuk dragging Geonu and Sunoo to their tent, annoyed when Sunghoon and Jong Seong just ignored him.

"I wish Seon is here now. So that I could see how he will lead us through this battle", Jong Seong joins the conversation, moving closer to the Princess who looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?", she asked, not having an idea that Seon is now a General in the country she left months ago. Jong Seong looked at her and realised his mistake.

"Ah, yes you didn't know. Seon is now a leader of one troop. So like in the soldiers, he was practically our general", he explained, making her smile at the achievement of Seon. One of the people back home she's missing.