Ch 5 Two Bishops, a Rabbi, Buddhists, and Friar Tuck

Monday, just before dinner, Al led Scorpius, Rose and Cleo over to the Hufflepuff table to talk to the Fat Friar.

"Father Mister Fat Friar, Sir," Albus started, not knowing how to address the ghost. "We would like to talk to you."

"Ah, Albus Potter and friends," the Fat Friar noted. "Come over to the Hufflepuff table after dinner, and I would be delighted to spend some time with you."

When Al and Scorpius sat down for dinner, Rosie Rosier reminded Albus, "We have Quidditch practice right after dinner."

Al replied, "I have a brief meeting right after dinner. I will be there as soon as I can be."

Rosie was not happy. "How dedicated are you to the team, Albus Potter?" he demanded. "Don't schedule anything that interferes with Quidditch."

Albus reminded him, "There is a lot going on in my life other than Quidditch, Rosie. I am going to do my best, but I will almost certainly not be at every practice. At least you have a backup seeker in Adel Brandt."

"She may be our primary seeker if you are not careful," Rosie snapped.

Al pondered replying, but decided that silence was the best reply as Rosie stormed away. Al really didn't care if he was replaced as seeker. He did want to develop Rosie as a friend, however. Life had a way of getting complicated. Al could see Rosie complaining to other members of the team during dinner, probably about him as he would gesture to Al throughout the meal.

After dinner, the four friends made their way over to the Hufflepuff table. Joshua Firewalker met them, along with Cal Glenbell, who was a member of the little band that Al and Cleo were also members of.

Joshua was sitting next to a girl, and he jumped up when he noticed Al, pulling the girl up with him. "Albus, do you know Chrysanthemum Sprout? She's one of Professor Sprout's children, and a really nice person."

Chrysanthemum was a short and kind of round little girl. "Most people call me Flower," she stated, blushing at Joshua's statement. "There are way too many of us Sprouts to call me Sprout, and there are a couple of Chris's in Hufflepuff, so that doesn't work."

Al looked at Cal, Joshua, and 'Flower', and then at the Fat Friar. Not far away from the Friar was also a group of ghost nuns. When she noticed Al looking confused at the nuns, Flower explained, "The nuns are also Hufflepuff ghosts."

"What should I call you?" Al asked the Fat Friar.

"Friar Tuck," the ghost replied.

"The Robin Hood Friar Tuck?" Rose squealed in excitement.

The ghost bowed, "The same."

Al could see the start of a very long and off topic conversation, if Rose went into the whole 'Robin Hood' thing, so he jumped right in with, "I don't know if you are aware, but we are going to be holding religious services Saturday nights, starting this Saturday, Friar Tuck. Since you are a Friar, and maybe a priest, we thought you might like to help." Looking over at the nuns, he added, "We would like to invite the nuns as well."

"Do you know why people decide to become ghosts?" Friar Tuck inquired, obviously uncomfortable.

Al shook his head no. He thought it was because they were afraid to die, but he wasn't sure how to politely say it. He looked at Rose, who was a font of information, and was seldom reluctant to share it.

"I read that Magi can decide to become a ghost instead of going on," Rose volunteered. "I know sometimes bad people become ghosts because they are afraid of judgement, but I do not think that is always the case. Why did you become a ghost, Friar Tuck?"