Ch 43 Christmas 2019

Many revisions because of good beta readers.

*

Cleo agreed to make soap and shampoo for Frank and Dominique, and for Dominique, perfume, and when she used her spells and examined the pair, she did see that they were a good pair, ideal even.

"What do I do with the scents?" Cleo asked Albus when they were in the Potter's potions room. "If I do what I always do the spells will draw them closer together, and with all the family drama is that really what I am supposed to do?"

"Make sure you do not put any of your Fertility Goddess spells in the scents," Albus insisted. "Remember, Dominique is only seventeen, and has almost three more years of school left. Frank is sixteen, and is in the same year as Dominique. That is if they leave school as early as some Magi do, but they could easily want to go to school for a couple of additional years.

"I'm not sure what else you can do."

"She only has two and a half years left, but I see what you mean," Cleo grumbled.

After much more conversation and experimentation, Cleo did figure out how to modify her spells to minimize the Fertility Goddess part of the spells, and encourage the couple to become closer without consummating their relationship.

*

Monday afternoon Solon P/W, Harry's head Elf since Kreacher's death, and his son Harry P/W, met with Harry and Hermione at Potter's New Burrow.

"I hear you are managing the properties around Grimmauld Place and NewBright Street," Harry Potter told the Elf named after him.

"No! NO! Not managing," Harry P/W replied, horrified. "Just asking questions, finding out what needs to be done. Just letting people know other people, and asking if they want to help with harvest. Asking if they need to enroll in school or are willing to help.

"Not manage. Not TELL anyone. Just ask."

"If people ask for your opinion, what do you say?" Hermione ask.

"Give choices, maybe say I think this may be best but is their choice," Harry P/W replied. "Never tell. Only ask or suggest."

"I know flats have been built over the garages, and we built flats across from Grimmauld Alley as well," Harry noted. "It seems like there are many more people there now."

"Mr. Harry Potter wants Magi together, not isolated," the young Elf noted. "Too many Muggle security cameras. Too hard to Apparate without being seen. Too hard to keep magic from Muggles.

"Have even built houses between houses. One-A between one and two, three-A between three and four, seven more houses on each side of the street, smaller and can only see from garden area. Is now bigger on the inside than the outside."

Harry Potter was always amazed at what magic could do. He was also aware, more than most Magi, of the inability of the Magi to stay hidden forever. What would the world look like when all the hidden magical properties were revealed?

Harry P/W brought out a map that looked like one Harry Potter had made some years ago, but it had been modified. "Albus and his friends revised this map after the all the new flats were added," Harry P/W noted. "Many more people. Many more."

"As you know," the young elf continued, pointing at the map, "Grimmauld Place starts here, at this major street, and there are fifteen houses from where it starts to where it ends. There is a park across the street. There are spells on the park so Muggles do not want to use the parts of the park next to Grimmauld Place. Grimmauld Alley backs up to a railroad and old industrial area, so there are no homes behind the ones the Potter Estates built. The Grimmauld Alley flats have mixed Muggle and magical people living there, but all know about magic.