part 01: check in

"reki kyan?" a nurse called and reki stood up, followed by his mother along with his younger sister.

"that's me." reki said dragging his oxygen tank that was with him as his mother grabbed his bag.

"your rooms ready, follow me." the nurse said and reki turned towards his mom and she nodded and followed him as reki took his first step forward.

"okay mister kyan." the nurse said followed her releasing a breath. "this room is all yours. since you'll be living here for a while we decided to get you a big room all for yourself. no roommates." the nurse said as she walked into the hospital room that had the normal but kind of bigger bed on the left side of the room.

there were cabinets on the right side and on the far right was the door to the bathroom. the big window was the first thing you saw when you walk in. on the side of the bed was a table that had a roller that rolled under the bed but the table stretched to hoover over the bed.

"wow. it's big." reki muttered out as he walked over to his bed. the nurse chuckled a little and walked over to the window and opened the blinds.

"okay so the cabinets next to the bathroom are for medication and all your equipment only." the nurse said walking over to the bed.

"and these my young man." the nurse said with a smile and reki sat on the bed. "these cabinets are where you can have your own clothes, put your own stuff and what not." the nurse added as she opened big cabinets that was behind the bed.

"thank you." reki said as the nurse finished showing reki around his new room. the nurse then nodded and clasped her hands together.

"that remote." the nurse pointed out a remote that was set on the table and reki grabbed it. "the big red one is to call us, the other ones are for the tv and the bed controls." the nurse added and reki nodded giving her a smile.

"since that's all i have to show you, i'll let the doctor know your checked in." the nurse said and reki's mom stood up and hugged the nurse.

she thanked the nurse and the nurse walked out and closed the door leaving reki and his family by themselves.

"mom please don't cry." reki said and flopped on his back laying on the bed as his mother sat in a chair that was there on the side of the bed.

"i'm sorry. i'm just so sorry this happened to you." his mother said as she fanned her face to try and stop the tears.

"it's not your fault mom." reki said as he got up and he took off his oxygen and turned off the tank. he walked over to his sister, lifted her up and sat in the chair she was sitting in and placed her on his lap.

"how are you supposed to prevent me from getting sick like this? it's fine mom. i'm fine." reki said as he held his moms hand and she smiled at him and he smiled back as his little sister played with his headband. she lifted it and smacked it down on his forehead.

"you goon that hurt." reki said and she squealed and hopped off his lap and she ran to the door.

"reki chase me!" she whined and reki got up and chased after her. she ran to the other side of the bed and giggled as reki had his hands out.

she juked him and his mother laughed as she covered her mouth. she then ran to the front of the bathroom door but didn't go in.

"oh come on. you just set yourself up." reki said as he approached her slowly and as he got closer she ducked and got away by going through his legs.

reki then turned around and ran after her as she ran to their mother. all of a sudden, reki started coughing. he coughed once, then a fit of coughs came and he couldn't stop.