part 16: the rainbow

"it's nice to meet you." reki said as he shook yuji's hand.

yuji had black hair and his tips were dyed a faded blond, which was falling into his eyes. he was a tad bit taller than miya and he looked malnourished. since he had woke up, he'd start growing healthy.

"i've heard a lot about you." yuji said as he let go of reki's hand and gave him a smile. "literally i watched the videos as soon as i woke up. i'm not even done yet."yuji said and he nudged miya's shoulder.

"sorry i couldn't come visit the day you woke up, i had some family issues to take care of." reki said and yuji shook his head.

"no i get it. it's all good." yuji said and reki smiled. "i'm sorry for your loss." yuji said and reki nodded his head.

reki told miya it was okay to tell yuji about langas passing. so when yuji watched the videos, he heard reki shout langa and he came but then fell.

miya told langa he sucked but reki defended him and yuji laughed. yuji could tell by the way reki looked at langa that he loved him.

"so since school is out what are you guys doing for summer?" reki said as he took the cover off of him and sat up in bed.

"nothing much really." miya said "we can go on a field day trip like we did that one day." miya suggested and reki nodded his head.

"okay yeah! yuji can come too." reki said and smiled.

"well we better go." miya said and looked at yuji. yuji nodded his head and stood up. miya gave a hug to reki as a goodbye.

ever since langa passed away, miya has been giving nothing but hugs to reki. miya never hugged langa and he regrets it everyday and he doesn't want to make the same mistake with reki.

"yuji, can you wait for me in the hallway. i have a present for reki." miya said and reki rose his eyebrows.

"you do?" reki asked and miya nodded his head.

"okay, i'll be chatting with ala." yuji said and miya nodded. yuji shut the door and miya took off his backpack.

"i'm excited. i'm excited. i'm excited." reki chanted as he clapped his hands.

"okay what do you want first the good news or your present?" miya asked and reki widened his eyes.

"oh my god two good things?" reki asked excited and miya smiled as he nodded his head.

"okay, uhh, the good news first." reki said and miya grabbed his camera and sat down, setting it in his lap.

"a doctor reached out to shins regarding langas disease." miya said and reki's smile faltered hearing langas name again but he nodded his head.

"the doctor wants to make a documentary on langas condition as the first person in the world to have it." miya said and reki let out the breath he was holding. "i have video recordings of him, so they'll use those." miya said and reki jumped up from his bed.

"oh my god! that's amazing! what the hell, miya." reki said as he ruffled miya's hair. "langa would be so grateful to you." reki said and miya nodded his head.

"okay time for your present." miya said as reki sat back on the bed. he grabbed the camera and gave it to reki. "go to may fifteenth and press play."

may fifteenth was when they went to the aquarium. reki shook his head ridding his thoughts.

"i didn't want to give it to you right after he passed and i didn't want to give it to you while you were okay again just in case it was too much." miya said as he played with his fingers and reki kept ruffling through the videos.